Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
sighting in my HHA Optimizer Ultra 0.19,oppinions pleaseeee >

sighting in my HHA Optimizer Ultra 0.19,oppinions pleaseeee

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

sighting in my HHA Optimizer Ultra 0.19,oppinions pleaseeee

Old 09-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Spike

Default sighting in my HHA Optimizer Ultra 0.19,oppinions pleaseeee

Hey fellas,I got a ?,im new to this 1 pin thing,I recently just purchased an HHA Optimizer Ultra 0.19 pin sight 1 pin,and i was wondering when i get it sighted in at 20 and 60 with 100 grain field points,should i then get it dialed in real good on my glen dell buck with my 3 blade 100 grain muzzys i will be hunting with?opinions will help please with my HHA buddys!!..Thanks Guys!!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Well hopefully your BH's fly pretty close to FP's....and you deffinitely need to have your bow tune and ready for hunting so having your bow sighted for shooting your BH's is a must.... I practice one or two days a week with my FP's and then one or two days with my BH's.... keep us posted on the progression
Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

That is true hopefully the BH flies pretty close to your field points. If they do not you can do several things.
1. Find another BH that does fly similiar to field points.
2. Sight your bow into what your BH flys
3. If the difference is not too extreme modify your shot placement to accomadate the difference in field point and BH .

I think I would go with # 1 myself. Because then you do not have to constantly be concerned as to the way you practice and hte way the broadhead is shooting. If the difference is minimal then you can apply #3 choice. As far as braodheads that fly similar to field points, you can find suggestions on several on this web site. The ones that I personally would suggest is if you like mechanicals is the "Rage" and in the fixed blade is the Slick Tricks 100's Standard Blades. Just my opinion. A lot of people have otehr suggestions as well. Just that these have impressed me
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

should i then get it dialed in real good on my glen dell buck with my 3 blade 100 grain muzzys i will be hunting with?
Yes, see below.

That is true hopefully the BH flies pretty close to your field points. If they do not you can do several things.
1. Find another BH that does fly similiar to field points.
2. Sight your bow into what your BH flys
3. If the difference is not too extreme modify your shot placement to accomadate the difference in field point and BH .
Or (which is what you should do)you could tune your bow wo that both field tips and broadheads impact the same spot.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Spike

Hey guys to keep ya posted i got my HHA sight today and got her put on,andd wowww..is it september 15th yet in nebraska?..0-60 is smackkkkkkk daddddy babyyy.i was sitting at 60 yards on my buttt and hittin it within a softball size area,boy do I love this sight mann..recommmend!!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you like the sight.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Spike

yah im going to have to shoot my broadheads tho now and see where there flying before i put my good sight tape on,i sighted it in with FP's ofcourse,i had a bow malfuntcion that i got to put on a bow press and get fixed before i go back out and shoot,but ill keep ya updated,so far i love the sight,well worth the $
Old 09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Spike

yea i got mine about a month ago and what a sight love the thing was using a TruGlo 5 pin sight before. will never go back to a multi pin sight. Went and shot late yesterday and was out till about 8:15 or so and the pin was so bright I coundn't see the target because of the pin.

Awesome sight
Old 11-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default HHA Optimizer

I think you will notice a difference between your broadheads and field points at the longer distances. There is no way your Muzzys will fly exactly the same "aerodynamically" as a field point. I had to change my tape two numbers faster for the Muzzy three blades. I shoot a Switchback XT@ 64lbs. At the closer distances (30 or less) you probably won't notice the difference. At 60, your point of impact will probably slightly off.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

From a properly tuned bow with an arrow flying true, you should be able to hit the same point at any distance as long as the field point and broadhead weigh the same. If they aren't hitting the same spot, you might try to put more fletch on the back of the arrow, or try more helical on the fletchings that you currently use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.