Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thermacell????

Old 08-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Thermacell????

Does this thing really work?? Me and my dad both live in Va, hunt Va, fish Va and we catch H*LL early Bow Season with nats and misquito's as I'm sure alot of you do... We were at the basspro the other day doing some Father Son Bonding (buying up all the stuff we could before or wives caught us ) and came across the thermacell. Just wondering if anyone has used this and had any luck or is it just another gymic.............Thanks for sharing
Old 08-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thermacell

I was very skeptical at first also. Here in the swamps of eastern North Carolina you need some good protection. I found the thermacell to be very effective. It does a great job on misquitos but not to sure about nats. Wind is going to effect your thermacell in a negative manner for obvious reasons.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Spike

I used one this spring for turkey season in a very wet field edge that was loaded up with mosquitos and it was amazing how well it worked. I already have it packed in my fanny pack for the up coming deer season.
Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.thermacellpromotion.com/

click on this link and enter a daily drawing to win one during the month of august ! remember to enter each day as they give one away each day !!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

thermacells work really well. they work great on mesquitos and nats for me durning turkey and deer season. and if your ever wondering about what will happen on a windy day it still works great. worth every penny IMO.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Spike

my buddy and i bought some for this years spring turkey hunt. omg what a difference. granted we live in the northeast but we still get our share of mosquitoes. that being said i would suggest buying one with out delay.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the great input!!!!! Sounds like a good investment .... will be picking one up this weekend
Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know how I ever hunted without one. They work great!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, they work, and I hope I can find mine before the season starts.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

They definitely work. Down here in the Low Country of SC out skeeters are the size of small birds. The Thermacell sends them running within minutes of turning it on. I never go hunting without it..... Except when it's very cold and there's no chance of skeeters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.