Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Looking into new release >

Looking into new release

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking into new release

Old 08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Spike

Default Looking into new release

I'm looking into getting a new release, the one I'm currently using the material is starting to fra and the seams are starting loose strength. I'm currently using the Free Flight Release and love it, might just by new one of them again but just wondering what other people like. Only complaint about this release is its like a glove and your limited to using that hand in tree for anything other than shooting. Let me know what else is out there or should I stick with what works.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Just got a new release a couple of months ago. I bough the Scott Sabertooth and really like it.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Trufire Hurricane buckle.I would avoid those with Velcro.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I was you, I'd stick with what you have (new version). Getting a different release will force you to change form slightly, and it's getting too close to bow season to be making drastic changes like that. The wrist type releases will be longer, thus changing draw length & anchor point, and feel like you're drawing more weight. I say if it ain't broke-don't fix it.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

best release i ever used is a tru ball short-n-sweet. i love that thing so much i will never change releases. and its adjustible to so you can make it the right length for you. whatever you get make sure its a buckle not velcro
Old 08-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Spike

when i seen the title, i was going to recomend the winn free flight release. i have one and love it only thing is it did damage my serving. started shooting a loop and no more problems with that., i bought a trufire hurricane release and just cuoldnt get ue to it and shot poor groups so i stuck with the winn free flight, als using the winn release they claim i makes it lik your pulling 15 lesspounds.. will help when the monster is uner you