Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick

Old 08-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

It's the best flying fixed head I've ever tried, let's you shoot a fixed head with the flight capabilities of a expandable without having to worry about the downsides to expandables. Razor sharp and as tough as nails too.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just ordered some GrizzTricks, enticed by the larger diameter, so we'll see what those have to say when they come in.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

My girlfriends dad swears by those things. I saw the effects of those they are pretty devastating. He shot a buck right in the neck and it didnt go 50 yards.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put my Grizzs together, wow, nasty head. Pouring rain, so i didn't get to shoot them. One thing I did notice, that I like, is that there is a little recess behind the blades for the o-ring to sit right tight to the blades as well as the shaft of the arrow, which gives you rock solid locked-down blades. Good job Gary!

Oh, and they are SHARP SHARP SHARP! Watch yourself when putting them together!
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just killed a doe Saturday night with the Slick Trick 100's. Granted, it wasn't a tough shot, 20 yards broadside, very slight quarter towards, but the slicks did their job. Broke the front leg bone, one rib in, one rib out, heart and one lung, full penetration and sticking in the dirt behind her. Once washed off, the head and blades looked as good as new.
She piled up less than 40 yards from where I shot, I think that's the thing I've noticed the most about ST's. None of my deer have gone farther than 60 yards, not the case in the past with other broadheads. It might be luck, but then again...