Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HCA BOWS

Old 05-11-2003, 11:13 PM

Default HCA BOWS

Does anyone own an HCA Carbon bow? Can you tell me more about it please???
Thanks ahead on your responses.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:00 AM

Default RE: HCA BOWS

I don' t have the carbon, but have had several HCA bows in the past. If it says High Country on it you can' t go wrong. I' m a PSE man, but HCA is a great company.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

High Country Archery makes good bows I just dont like the crooks who run the company,and the bows are not worth the msrp if I am going to spend 0ver 600 dollars for a bare bow It will be Hoyt, Bowtech or Martin.JMO

And good luck if you need any warranty work done
their CS leaves little to be desired unless they have made major changes in the past few years, but I wouldnt count on it.[X(]
Old 05-13-2003, 07:31 PM

I would check the inside groove of the cams on HCA Bows. I have seen several with sharp inside grooves causing it to cut the cables. I know 2 people who sent thier bows back to HCA and HCA put new cables on bad cams. I also see to much cam lean on their bows causing bent cam shafts.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:24 PM

I have the HCA SSR and had to send it back because the cam was cutting through the serving on the cable,got it back last week they said the axle was bent,they replaced it along with the cable well went out to sight it back in and after about 30 shots i checked the cable same damn thing happened again so i took it back to the shop today and there sending it back again so i' ll have to wait another 2 weeks to shoot again[:@]
Old 05-14-2003, 06:34 AM

What did the archery shop say about the cam?
Old 05-14-2003, 07:02 AM

I knew a guy that bought one of the first carbon riser HCA ' S. After a few days he showed it to us and we found a crack in the riser. He had it replace and had a problem with his sight on the new one, after looking at it a while I figured out that he had a defective riser that was not formed correctly . He took it back and they exchanged it for a different model. He was happy with that one last time I saw him. Maybe they have fixed something by now!!
Old 05-14-2003, 12:23 PM

Hey chuck,he had me draw it back and the cable was riding up on that sharp edge of the module and not dropping down into the groove like it should.He also said that the cam had a little lean to it.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' D RATHER PUT MONEY INTO ENRON THAN HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIGH COUNTRY AND THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE--BUT THAT' S ONLY MY OPINION.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ROTFLLMAO

Quick Reply: HCA BOWS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.