Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HHA or Vital Gear ?????

Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default HHA or Vital Gear ?????

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to change up the site on my Hoyt Vectrix and was looking for some input. I have somewhat narrowed it down to Either an HHA Optimizer-lite 5500 .029 or the Vital Gear Angular Startrack .29. Both are sigle pin/slide adjusted sites which is what i want and both are around $125. I kinda like how the pin is a little off to the side on the Vital Gear, I feel like it may not block as much of the target. I currently have a Impact pendulum site, that i must say hasn't been horrible. I have gotten use to using a single pen for a long time now, and my Vectrix shoots so flat I don't have to adjust much till out about 40 yards, then I'm just kinda guessing. And with the movement of the pendulum there is always gonna be a little vibration and noise. Any input or advice would be well appreciated.

Adam
Surry, Va
07 Hoyt Vectrix
Carbon X maxima
NAP Thunderheads 100 grain
Tru Ball Cyclone release
WB/ Just ordered the Limb Driver
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Have the HHA Optimizer on my Hoyt. Very good in low light,everything locks down solid and built like a tank. Hard to beat.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Have the HHA Optimizer on my Hoyt. Very good in low light,everything locks down solid and built like a tank. Hard to beat.
I'll second that, and add that the Rhostat (however HHA spells it) is a friggin nice feature! I do like the angular pin on the VBG BUT i like the build of the HHA better.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the Input Blckpowder and Cartman!!! I've always heard that HHA sights are like cast iron skillets, just flat out hard to beat, if only they'd move that dang pin over just a hair to the right I think it would be the hands down winner
Old 08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I disagree! Vital Gear has the brightest sights on the market, and are as simple as you can get. I won't shoot anything else!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WKP Todd
I disagree! Vital Gear has the brightest sights on the market, and are as simple as you can get. I won't shoot anything else!
well then your just wrong!!! lol just kidding. Both sights are very good. Personal preferance is the reason there are so many site/bow/arrow/ etc makers out there!
Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had HHA's on 3 out of my 4 bows...great sights.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm guessing both company's make a high quailty product, which is what I kinda figured. Something about that vital gear startrack has got my attention and I think the only left to do is to give it a try! Let you guys know how it turns out, gonna try to pick one up this weekend
Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Thanks for the input fellas. I'm guessing both company's make a high quailty product, which is what I kinda figured. Something about that vital gear startrack has got my attention and I think the only left to do is to give it a try! Let you guys know how it turns out, gonna try to pick one up this weekend
definitely let us know!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:52 AM

I have http://www.abseloutlyballroom.com/KJs.html this one..... I like it a lot. I have it with 3 pins set for 10/20/30 and with one quick move it's set for 40/50/60.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.