Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HHA or Vital Gear ?????

Old 08-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Thats a cool Idea carmmond !!!! Though I have never been much on multiple pins, only having to make one adjustment with three pins and getting that big of a coverage yards wise is pretty dang smart.... Goood For you and again great idea
Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Carmmond
I have http://www.abseloutlyballroom.com/KJs.html this one..... I like it a lot. I have it with 3 pins set for 10/20/30 and with one quick move it's set for 40/50/60.
Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Thats a cool Idea carmmond !!!! Though I have never been much on multiple pins, only having to make one adjustment with three pins and getting that big of a coverage yards wise is pretty dang smart.... Goood For you and again great idea
Unless the pin gap widens as the sight is slid for the longer yardage that won't work. the gap between 30 and 40 would approximately be double the gap at 10 and 20.

I could be wrong though.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Cartman you got the little hamster wheel in my head spinnin 1500 rpms lol I honestly dont know cause I have never messed with a set up like that where you have mutliple pins and I slide adjustment in the rear. In theory it sounds like it would work. Three pins set at 10/20/30 and then use the slide in the rear to move the tree pins in place to have 40/50/60. Again I don't know thats just what I got out of it
Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BvrHunter
Cartman you got the little hamster wheel in my head spinnin 1500 rpms lol I honestly dont know cause I have never messed with a set up like that where you have mutliple pins and I slide adjustment in the rear. In theory it sounds like it would work. Three pins set at 10/20/30 and then use the slide in the rear to move the tree pins in place to have 40/50/60. Again I don't know thats just what I got out of it
The gap between the pins HAS to be WIDER at 40-50-60 than they would be at 10-20-30. Arrows start falling to earth pretty quickly.

Simply moving the pins that are set for 10-20-30 to another mark and saying that would be 40-50-60 cannont work unless the gap between the pins also inceases.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cartman308 is correct. There is no way possible that the pin gaps will be the same.

I have yet to understand why in the world they make a multiple pin adjustable sight. The only thing I can figure is that you have three pins for say 20, 30, 40 and can adjust the sight and use the BOTTOM PIN ONLY as a 50, 60, etc... Pointless if you ask me. Just get a single pin and be done with it.

Now to the original question.
Having stocked, sold, owned, adjusted, sighted in, etc... both brands... HHA is by far a better sight. The adjustments are more precise, movement is much smoother, the quality of the HHA is ten fold, durability if much better.

HHA by a long shot.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Typical Buck

only thing i can figure it to make compensation for nock height change easier......but alot of multi pin sights have a gang adjust anyway........ i dunno.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:56 PM

BH was right...... Just checked this weekend so I would not be telling you wrong. First three are set for 10/20/30 then move it for the top at 40/skip/53 yards on the second setting. I do most if not all my shooting in the woods between 10 and 30 yards so I like the fact that I dont have to move the sight when waiting for the shot because it is one less thing to do at the moment of truth.

I used to have a single pin http://www.sight-master.com/p22.html and hated moving it for yardage as the deer came into me.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Vital Gear makes a great sight, rock solid, lifetime warranty and as bright as it gets! I could use my 3 pin trapper as a flash light while walking out of the woods after the evening hunt!