Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Sterner Duttera Peep Aligner >

Sterner Duttera Peep Aligner

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sterner Duttera Peep Aligner

Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sterner Duttera Peep Aligner

I have a feeling this product is going to be a big hit. Anyone try one yet?
Attached Thumbnails Sterner Duttera Peep Aligner-sterner-duttera.jpg  
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Re: Peep Aligner

Originally Posted by sixgunluvr
I have a feeling this product is going to be a big hit. Anyone try one yet?
No one huh.....amazing.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never heard of it before but it looks like it would work. Let us know how it works for you, we've all spent more money than that on stupid ideas so it couldn't hurt to try it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

So you install this in your string below the center serving and it is suppose to eliminate peep twist?

All it is doing is shortening the string slightly which if you are going to put it in a press to install it you can simply take a half twist out or put a half twist in and accomplish the same thing with out the unnecessary speed robbing weight of this thing.

If I am going to add anything in the string to align the peep sight I will add string leeches and eliminate some string noise.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not that you're shortening the string, by moving it slightly up or down after it's installed will fine tune peep rotation. Did you ever just move the serving that you tied the peep in with slightly to tweek the peep rotation? Same principle.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Re: peep tuner

Actually now that I searched a little more. I think I may like the new G5 Speed Meta Speed Stud better. It is designed to be a speed nock that doubles as a peep tuner.
Attached Thumbnails Sterner Duttera Peep Aligner-g5_metastud.jpg  

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 07-18-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sixgunluvr
Actually now that I searched a little more. I think I may like the new G5 Speed Meta Speed Stud better. It is designed to be a speed nock that doubles as a peep tuner.
Come on Aaron, make up my mind. I'm thinking that I'd really like to try one of these two products. I don't own a bow press so it's not easy for me to go and borrow one to keep tweeking my peep. Right now I'm using the speed-nock by t.r.u. ball, it works ok but I'd rather have good peep alignment and not have the nock turn the string. If anyone has experience with either product please chime in, we'd love to hear about them.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Re: Decisions

Well...
the Sterner Dutter is a peep alignment device only...and only weighs 8gr.
the g5 Meta is a speed nock/alignment device and weighs 31grs each.
If you like a TruBall Spyder/Speedball it might be worth a shot to try the g5 since you get a speed nock and peep aligner. If you don't want to add much wight to the string and have been looking for a fix to fine tuning your peep "if" it should happen to turn slightly while in the deer woods then the Sterner Duttera might be a neat addition to your string.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Did you ever just move the serving that you tied the peep in with slightly to tweek the peep rotation? Same principle.
Not he same principle at all. The serving being moved up or down is actually closing or opening up the "hole" in the string you create by installing a peep sight, thus twisting the peep because the string is twisted around the peep sight.

I am telling you that it will not fine tune your peep. All it is going to do is shorten the string which is actually adding twist to the string. If you shorten the string and maintain the same amount of twists you actually add twist to the string.

Moving it up or down will not change the orientation of the peep sight. It will simply twist the "peep aligner" around in the string. Just like your peep sight does when you move it up or down in the string.

The only way this thing would change the peep orientation after the initial installation is if they were to come in different sizes.