Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Microfire Holo site. Any try this out yet? >

Microfire Holo site. Any try this out yet?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Microfire Holo site. Any try this out yet?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Microfire Holo site. Any try this out yet?

Has anyone tried this messer optics micro fire sight out? I have a problem with focusing on my pin and the deer at the same time with my glasses. My pin is somewhat blurry and the deer is in focus. This sight eliminates the peep so both the dot and the deer are in focus. I am wondering if anyone has experience with this sight?

Last edited by Bowhunter2001; 07-17-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Microfire Holo site. Any try this out yet?

I've never tried a red-dot scope/sight on anything. It's not that there's anything wrong with them - it's just a personalpreference.I like to keep my weapons electrical/electronics-free.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by LittleChief
I've never tried a red-dot scope/sight on anything. It's not that there's anything wrong with them - it's just a personalpreference.I like to keep my weapons electrical/electronics-free.
I hear ya. I just need something that I can "see." My pin is blurry, but my target is clear and I think this may work.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't tried this one and probably won't. I tried the EOtech sight about 7 years ago and found it wasn't very practical in a hunting situation.

Let me explain something. Don't know how old you are, but I'm 62 with aging eyes. Even young people with normal vision cannot focus on too things that far apart without one of them being blurry.

I've reached a point of needing some pretty string reading glasses (+2.75). My distance vision hovers around 20/50 and I can still shoot out to 50 yards without wearing my glasses. And I use several different peep sizes. The peeps actually help clear up the sight picture. The pins are blurry; more than they used to be so my groups aren't as good. Maybe 6" at 50 yards these days.

One thing I have found is that I had to tone down my fiber optic in my sight. Using an HHA OL-5000 with 5' of optic. I like the fact that it's bright, but lately have found that wrapping some electrical tape around the hood dims the pin and I don't get near the "starlight" effect I had so I can aim more precisely instead of having that "light" shining back in my eye.

Maybe you could try this.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Spike

What BGfisher said.Holds true for me to.I have tri focals,and dont use my glasses when im going to shoot.pan.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

It's not possible to focus on the target and the pin at the same time. They are in different plans. Think of it kinda like pistol shooting. Front sight, focus, squeeze.

I said kinda like pistol shooting. We are dealing with two different disciplines here Either the target or the pin will have to be blurry.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BGfisher
I haven't tried this one and probably won't. I tried the EOtech sight about 7 years ago and found it wasn't very practical in a hunting situation.

Let me explain something. Don't know how old you are, but I'm 62 with aging eyes. Even young people with normal vision cannot focus on too things that far apart without one of them being blurry.

I've reached a point of needing some pretty string reading glasses (+2.75). My distance vision hovers around 20/50 and I can still shoot out to 50 yards without wearing my glasses. And I use several different peep sizes. The peeps actually help clear up the sight picture. The pins are blurry; more than they used to be so my groups aren't as good. Maybe 6" at 50 yards these days.

One thing I have found is that I had to tone down my fiber optic in my sight. Using an HHA OL-5000 with 5' of optic. I like the fact that it's bright, but lately have found that wrapping some electrical tape around the hood dims the pin and I don't get near the "starlight" effect I had so I can aim more precisely instead of having that "light" shining back in my eye.

Maybe you could try this.

I am 53. I will try to tone down my fiber pin.