Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage or G5?

Old 10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by switchbackFF10
just get spitfires and be done w/ it!!!
Ohh yeaaa. Simple, maintenance free, replaceable blades, no o-rings, what else could you ask for??
Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just took my first deer with a bow using Rage heads. all i can say is awsome! i was shooting the 3 blade and it left a huge entrance and exit hole(s). yes that's plural. my arrow went in right behind the front shoulder and exited through the opposite side rib cage. then the arrow entered the deer's rear ham, breaking the rear leg, and exiting the ham....sticking into the dirt. the only damage to the head was one of the blades was slightly bent. it held together and penetrated great. i will continue using these heads.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Spike

At 82 I finally had to go to a crossbow and thinking of trying the Rage, but after looking at the posts I can see trouble with that. I have used the old G5's, but like a lot of others was not satisfied on how sharp I couldn't get them. The new CS ones should take care of that. They flew really good. Have Slick Tricks on the bolts now.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Spike

I have been shooting mechanical Broadheads for prolbably 8 to 10 years now. I started shooting Wasp Jackhammer's and had good luck with them on does but on bigger size bucks I didnt get the penatration I wanted. I switched to the Rage 2-Blade 3 years ago and I think I will be sticking with the Rage now. I have been very impressed the the Rage. I have shot about 10 does with them and all have went down within 50 yards, but those 10 does were also hit pretty good Double Lung or Heart). The real test was a few weeks ago I shot a Buck that was about 230 Pounds. The Rage blew threw the front 2 shoulders and man - o - man did it put a hole in both sides. I have been pretty lucky with all of the shots I hve been putting down on these deer, but I have had absolutely No Complaints with the Rage. One thing I Could see is they might be a prolblem stalking through thick brush. But pretty much all the hunting I do is out of a tree....
Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Spike

This past friday was my 1st kill with the bow and i was using THE RAGE 2. Man that doe ran no more then 35yards min. Double lunged but missed the heart, she still went down fast. I stand by rage 2 WOW thats all i can say
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother and I both have had deer jump the string while using the G5 Montecs, we think they can hear them coming. We sure can hear em in flight!

Anyone else???
Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Spike

there i a 180 inch. deer in my garage right now that had a g5 hellrazor kill him in twenty feet.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

i used the rage 3 blade.. shot an 8 point at 33 yard.. didnt get complete passthrough cause i hit off side shoulder.. but entrance hole looked like you throw a soft ball into him.. got both lungs and literally cut the heart in to.. awesome blood trail.. would highly recommend these if you shoot with alot of kenetic energy.. i have friends who shoot these heads with short draw lengths.. under 26 and they have had problems.. i shot a 29.5 draw and have had nothing but praise to say about these heads... just remember these heads are designed to be shot by bows that throw out alot of kinetic energy.. so if you think you dont have the energy go with a good fixed like the g5 or the hell razor