Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Anyone use Morrell targets? >

Anyone use Morrell targets?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone use Morrell targets?

Old 07-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Spike

Default Anyone use Morrell targets?

I was wondering if anyone has shot the morrell yellow jacket target. I was looking into getting a new target, and these were on sale at the local sporting goods store. Just wanted to get some background one them before I bought one.

Also, I noticed it said "Broadhead use only". what would happen if you shot it with a field point? Personally I didn't see anything on it that would keep you from being able to use field points, but then again, I don't know. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Anyone use Morrell targets?

Well, if you do shoot a field point into it, your going to struggle to get the arrow out. You can do it all you want, but just difficult to remove. BH's are easier. I am tore on the morrels. I am on my second one in three years. They last longer than a block, but not much.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use Morrell targets?

I use the Yellow Jacket bag target for FPs and have used the Yellow Jacket BH target in the past. The BH target lasted a couple of seasons, but I like the Rinehart 18:1 better. You can use the Rinehart 18:1 for both FPs and BHs, it is easier to pull BHs out of the 18:1 than the YJ, and the 18:1 is more portable.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have both the bag-type Yellow Jacket (field points) and the trad Yellow Jacket (broadheads). Trying to remove field points from the BH target is more than a bit difficult - hence, the bag.

They are not that expensive, buy one of each!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:10 PM

Default Sling shot with ammo in the handle

Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle? http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm
this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
to thatone?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot a yellow jacket field tip target and like it. only draw back is it's weight. a buddy of mine shoots the redhead brand and it is half the weight with the same stopping power.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Well, if you do shoot a field point into it, your going to struggle to get the arrow out. You can do it all you want, but just difficult to remove. BH's are easier. I am tore on the morrels. I am on my second one in three years. They last longer than a block, but not much.

I totally agree,with all.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot out a Yellow Jacket BH target in two years, which is actually good use, IMO. I switched to a Rinehart 18:1 and I like it better for BHs. I still use a Yellow Jacket bag target for field points. It is giving me good service.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I picked up the BH & FP Morrell on sale this off season. Its not the lightest thing but stops everything we've shot into very well. Removal of arrows can be easy as pie and hard as nails when it comes to FP's, however BH removal has been good.