Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 pro's and con's of blazers? >

pro's and con's of blazers?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

pro's and con's of blazers?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Spike

Default pro's and con's of blazers?

I have been shooting 4in. vanes for years. But recently I have been hearing/seeing alot of people shooting blazers. Everyone at my local archery shop say that blazers aren't good and they wouldn't shoot anything but 4in. vanes. But I was wanting to get some other openions. Is there any advantage or dis-advantage to blazers? How do they shoot through a W.B.? Any advice would be greatly apprecitated.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pro's and con's of blazers?

Blazers and biscuits work great together because the rest doesn't distort the vanes. I have used but don't care for blazers because of how high they are, which can cause clearance issues. I switched to a drop away rest(QAD Ultra) and 3" quickspins.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I use very short vanes, though I don't know if they are Blazer vanes.
They work very well with my Wisker Bisket rest. The 4" vanes I used
to used distorted very quickly.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

i really like the blazers out of my bisquit.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Spike

Thanks for your input, I really do appreciate it. I need to get a few arrows re-fletched and I think I will try a couple blazers to see how they do. Who knows, they might work for my situation!!

Thanks Again!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Countryboy27012

Thanks for your input, I really do appreciate it. I need to get a few arrows re-fletched and I think I will try a couple blazers to see how they do. Who knows, they might work for my situation!!

Thanks Again!
That's the best thing to do. Try them yourself. I'm not a big fan of Blazers for a couple reasons. One being that I have a multitude of other vanes and can't see paying the inflated price for Blazers. The other is that I read a fair share of threads where people have clearance issues with their cables or rests so it's maybe just another issue to deal with. These two issues can be corrected with proper rest timing on drop aways and possible cable slide/rod changes on the bow.

They do work well mainly due to their high profile and stiffness. They don't distort as much as most softer 4" vanes. They also work well through most shoot thru rests like the Bisquit in that, due to their stiffness, they don't wrinkle much at all.

Most of the time on a hunting setup I use 4" helical feathers, but when I do use vanes I prefer the Duravane LP-400.
The LP-400's weigh about 6.5 grains each and pose no problems with cable clearance issues or anything else.
3D and/or target is another matter. I usually use 1.8" Duravane 3D vanes or 2" feathers. This year I got some Razyrs to see what all the hoopla was about and IMO I don't get it. No matter how you look at them they are a 2" feather--with a shield cut. OK for target arrows, but I won't even try them for hunting.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

I love blazers, would shoot nothing but them... They are tougher and should work better out your w/b. They are faster and I've feel they shoot broadheads better... I could not be happier w/ mine..
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

I love shooting my blazers through my whisker biscut. I does not mess up the veins as much.When I had 4 inch veins I had to replace them every season,but with my blazers I have had them for two seasons and have not had to replace them.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Spike

Sounds good to me! If the blazers last longer than the 4" vanes, that would pretty much sell me on them. Right now I have to replace my vanes at least once a season, and my local archery shop charges the same price for blazers. I think I will give them a try this season.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bi-delta vanes are also compatible with the biscuit if you want to take a look at them too.

Quick Reply: pro's and con's of blazers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.