Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Considering a Buckmasters G2XL >

Considering a Buckmasters G2XL

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Considering a Buckmasters G2XL

Old 02-04-2003, 10:29 PM

Default Considering a Buckmasters G2XL

Being fairly new here perhaps this bow has been discussed but I'm interested in opinions on the Buckmasters G2XL. Do any of you shoot this bow and if so what are your opinions on it's performace? I shoot a 31" draw length and would want to shoot in the 65 - 70 lb draw weight range. I know there are probably better bows out there but I can get this in the $400 price range which seems like a good deal for a fairly high performance bow.
I was also wondering what changes were made between the G2 and the G2XL. I'm no expert the technical aspects of archery and I'm just looking for a dependable, accurate, reasonably priced bow for hunting turkey and whitetail.

Jon
=========================
www.HuntingBlind.com
Your source for Double Bull blinds.
Customer satisfaction is our #1 priortity!
=========================
Old 02-05-2003, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Considering a Buckmasters G2XL

400 dollars is a good price. around here they are around 500. i believe the diff between the g2 and the g2xl is just that the g2xl has a longer riser. (i think)
Old 02-06-2003, 06:50 AM

I shoot the G2, It's a sweet bow that doesn't drain the wallet when you purchase it
As far as the G2 to the G2xl, the G2xl is 3" longer
Reasonable price
Dependable
Accurate
AL

Old 02-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

What little al said goes for me to
love mine have one of each but shoot
the xl when I am in my ground blind!!
Old 02-09-2003, 03:58 PM

I just got my G2XL delivered from SelectArchery on Thursday (also for $400). I took it in and got it set up today at the Bass Pro Shops here in town.

I bought my rest, quiver, sight, release, and a dozen arrows. I go in the back room to sight the bow in. I shoot one round of 3 and I am high and to the left. A little adjustment, and on my next rounds 2nd shot >>>>>>>THWACK<<<< <<<< I stuck one arrow in the other at 20 yards. Now I am down to 10 arrows . I am leaving them stuck together for a conversation piece.

Either way - this doesn't really say anything much about the bow, but it was my first time I ever did this, and I have been shooting for years.
Old 02-20-2022, 08:57 AM
Spike

Even though this thread is 20 years old, I’ll add that I found this bow in my dads closet, and I put a sight and new strings and cables on, shoots great!