HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   climbing treestands (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/295512-climbing-treestands.html)

aaron_aa469 06-07-2009 12:09 PM

climbing treestands

what is the best climbing treestand, not for value, overall? I don't want to fall out of the tree, or get broken welds in it or anything. Let me know!!

gmil6184 06-08-2009 05:43 AM

RE: climbing treestands

I just bought a used Loggy Bayou off ebay fairly cheap. The older model stands with the metal strap are really nice, rugged and light stands. My father had one for years and loved it

crenshaw 06-08-2009 07:11 AM

Summit makes some great climbers! I have been using them for years and never had any problems. They are fairly priced too. Lone wolfs are good too, more expensive, however a Lone wolf is the only climber i have ever had break on me(30 feet straight down, hurt like hell), but it was an old one many years ago, before everyone switched to cable/chain systems.

GRIZZLYMAN 06-08-2009 09:09 AM

I have used a Summit Viper Classic for five years, and just upgraded to the Summit Titan. Never had any problems with Summit.

vadeerkiller 06-08-2009 12:21 PM

I thought we had settled this before with the Equalizer being the best.

BruceW63 06-08-2009 01:34 PM

Just to add to the mix: I've used an API Grand Slam Superstar since 2000 and have never had a single issue with it. It's cataloged as being 23# but I don't think it's that heavy. My only criticism is that the shoulder straps allow the stand to slip N slide across your back while carrying it in, but that's easily solved by gluing them in place where they loop over the railing. But it's almost too comfortable to sit in, almost like a hammock.

davepjr71 06-17-2009 03:10 AM

Summit and API are great stands. I bought a Gorilla Greyback a few years ago and really love it. The side bars pivot to hug the tree.There is never an issuewith shifting my weight from side to side and having the stand dip.

As far as safety goes all of the tree stands have to meet a standard of safety to be sold in the US. It comes down to how much weight, ease of set-up and what you want in a stand.

Geronimo 06-29-2009 07:49 AM

Why is the equalizer the best?[/align]

fishintay 06-29-2009 10:58 AM

Summit makes some nice climbing stands.

HuntDoc 07-02-2009 11:57 AM

if you really want to get creative and have complete veratility check out a suspended harness stand by Guido's Outdoors. I have one and LOVE IT!!!!Really light, comfortable like wearing a turkey vest and once your are locked in it nearly impossible to fall out. Climbing sticks are required but the new Lone Wolf Mini sticks work great just got a pair the other day.