Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

climbing treestands

Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Spike

Default climbing treestands

what is the best climbing treestand, not for value, overall? I don't want to fall out of the tree, or get broken welds in it or anything. Let me know!!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: climbing treestands

I just bought a used Loggy Bayou off ebay fairly cheap. The older model stands with the metal strap are really nice, rugged and light stands. My father had one for years and loved it
Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Summit makes some great climbers! I have been using them for years and never had any problems. They are fairly priced too. Lone wolfs are good too, more expensive, however a Lone wolf is the only climber i have ever had break on me(30 feet straight down, hurt like hell), but it was an old one many years ago, before everyone switched to cable/chain systems.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a Summit Viper Classic for five years, and just upgraded to the Summit Titan. Never had any problems with Summit.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

I thought we had settled this before with the Equalizer being the best.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Just to add to the mix: I've used an API Grand Slam Superstar since 2000 and have never had a single issue with it. It's cataloged as being 23# but I don't think it's that heavy. My only criticism is that the shoulder straps allow the stand to slip N slide across your back while carrying it in, but that's easily solved by gluing them in place where they loop over the railing. But it's almost too comfortable to sit in, almost like a hammock.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit and API are great stands. I bought a Gorilla Greyback a few years ago and really love it. The side bars pivot to hug the tree.There is never an issuewith shifting my weight from side to side and having the stand dip.

As far as safety goes all of the tree stands have to meet a standard of safety to be sold in the US. It comes down to how much weight, ease of set-up and what you want in a stand.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why is the equalizer the best?[/align]
Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Summit makes some nice climbing stands.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Spike

if you really want to get creative and have complete veratility check out a suspended harness stand by Guido's Outdoors. I have one and LOVE IT!!!!Really light, comfortable like wearing a turkey vest and once your are locked in it nearly impossible to fall out. Climbing sticks are required but the new Lone Wolf Mini sticks work great just got a pair the other day.

Quick Reply: climbing treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.