Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 suggestions for a new sight?? >

suggestions for a new sight??

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

suggestions for a new sight??

Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default suggestions for a new sight??

i need to get a new sight this year for my 09 admiral.. i have an extreme rt 900 (i think thats what it is without walking upstairs to look at it lol) and i really like it but the fiber optics keep breaking and pulling back throught the pins..

anyone have any ideas for a new sight???
Old 05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: suggestions for a new sight??

I bought a trophy ridge sight last year with the verical pins and have really liked it. The pins work very well, even past legal shooting light and the vertical pins give me a better sight picture.... Would suggest it to anyone, IMO..
Old 05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

have you tried truglo fiber optics in it? They seem to me more durable than the xtreme ones.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

i like the idea of the verticle pins.. and i havent tried anything truglo, but ill look at them.. thanks for the input
Old 05-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Trophy Ridge Matrix, Extreme RT900, and a G5 LE.( SO I like to tinker ). Actually I like them all. I do like the verticle pins of the TR but both the other sights are very good too. The G 5 has great adjustments and the RT 900 is tough as nails. All three are bright enough that I can see the pins past legal shooting time. I changed the fibers on the RT 900 to truglo and they haven't broken since. I guess that doesn't help much but I can't make up my mind which I like best.LOL.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had just put on the new Cobra Boomslang it appears to be a nice sight as well. Cobra has made some changes from those of yesterday and has the wires wrapped now instead of just hanging loosely. So I am not sure how it holds up but it sure looks good to me. It's lighted and I have shot with it a few times already, it appears alright to me..
Old 05-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll assume that because you shoot an '09 BowTech then money isn't an issue. Take a very serious look at the Spot-Hogg series sights. My personal fav is the Hunter Hogg-It .019". You'll NEVER have to worry about breaking any fiber optics again if you buy the Hogg-wrap model. This sight is absolutely bomb-proof! Once you own one and get the chance to shoot one for yourself, you'll quickly rralize why they are the sights that all others are compared to.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: oldreloader

I have a Trophy Ridge Matrix, Extreme RT900, and a G5 LE.( SO I like to tinker ). Actually I like them all. I do like the verticle pins of the TR but both the other sights are very good too. The G 5 has great adjustments and the RT 900 is tough as nails. All three are bright enough that I can see the pins past legal shooting time. I changed the fibers on the RT 900 to truglo and they haven't broken since. I guess that doesn't help much but I can't make up my mind which I like best.LOL.
i may try changing to tru glo fibers... cause i like the extreme sight...
Old 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I'll assume that because you shoot an '09 BowTech then money isn't an issue. Take a very serious look at the Spot-Hogg series sights. My personal fav is the Hunter Hogg-It .019". You'll NEVER have to worry about breaking any fiber optics again if you buy the Hogg-wrap model. This sight is absolutely bomb-proof! Once you own one and get the chance to shoot one for yourself, you'll quickly rralize why they are the sights that all others are compared to.
ill definately take a look at them... my bowtech was my christmas present lol, i love it.. i dont want to waste extra money but if the hogg sights are really better ill check them out...

thanks for theinput everyone
Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

definitely*

Quick Reply: suggestions for a new sight??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.