Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation? >

Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?

Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Spike

Default Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?

I currently shoot the muzzy zero effect drop away rest. (great rest imo) but I have noticed that my fletchings are rubbing. I shoot blazers. I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to fix this unless I move my knock point higher than I care to move it. I shoot the Browning Illusion at a 27" draw so I have very minimalslide travel. I'm leaning twards getting the Whammy rest since it has a complete split and I could always turn my off color vane downward and asure in my mind that my vanes would not rub. I also looked at the bowning archery web sight and they have a rest called the phantom drop away which looks pretty cool, but I questioned them about my problem and they told me it should work, but it depends on the setup. I didn't like that answer since the best pro shop I have is Gander Mountain and they don't seem to be reel experts at setups imo. ( they put my muzzy rest on) Any suggestions would be geatly appreciated and I am open to other rests as well. I here alot of good things about the limb driver as well but I like the way the wammy rest is more of an open design and it looks more durable. But I've never seen neither of these in person.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Spike

Default RE: Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?

I have had the whammy some people will tell its great but I think its junk could not get it to work right no matter what I did to it.I now have the limbdriver the best drop away rest i have ever owned I never have had any problem with it since it was put on my bow. limbdriver makes there arm that hold the arrow a little widerand taller now than in the past the limbdriver isabout ten times easyer to set up than the whammy I don't think you could break the limbdriver very easy it is very well madeif you don't want a limbdriver I would check out QAD theymake a pretty good rest to hope some of this helped
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I just put a Limb Driver on my Guardian and it is the best rest I have used.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:54 AM

I have a Whammy and I don't have any problems at all. Took a little tinkering but I love it. But I also have a buddy that switched from Whammy to Limb Driver and he (like many) swear by it. I'd probably check out the limb driver for sure, but the Whammy is fine too.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO there is not a better dropaway rest on the market than the Limb Driver

Dan
Old 05-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Not only is the LimbDriver a great rest, I know a guy who's got them on sale for $79, too!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Agreed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- I was as skeptical of a person as you could find, but once I got one, set it up (in about 5 min max), and shot the thing, I fellt like punching myself in the face for being such an idiot.

Illusion-also worthy to note is that Dan (MeanV) has the best price I've found on the LD, is super easy to deal with, and ships megafast. I'm not getting any kickbacks or free stuff for saying that- it's just the facts.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Agreed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- I was as skeptical of a person as you could find, but once I got one, set it up (in about 5 min max), and shot the thing, I fellt like punching myself in the face for being such an idiot.

Illusion-also worthy to note is that Dan (MeanV) has the best price I've found on the LD, is super easy to deal with, and ships megafast. I'm not getting any kickbacks or free stuff for saying that- it's just the facts.
Thanks Jeff!! I always do my best to get my customers what they want as quickly as possible!

Dan
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Spike

vital bow gear - kaz a way arrow rest.. check em out!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Spike

Thanks for the input guys I'm still trying to get my muzzy to work, but I'm very close to giving up.

Quick Reply: Limbdriver or Whammy for my situation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.