Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Wich Bow Would You Buy??? Help!!! >

Wich Bow Would You Buy??? Help!!!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Wich Bow Would You Buy??? Help!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wich Bow Would You Buy??? Help!!!

My father is looking to upgrade his bow this year.... He is 60 yrs old (in great shape) and has gotten into bow hunting over the past five years. This will be his first "new,nice" bow. Looking to stay under $550-600 dollars. Would not mind getting last years model either. He shoot a 29" draw and 60lbs. Thanks for you help and suggestions.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wich Bow Would You Buy??? Help!!!

I have a feeling that if I put my 2008 Diamond Liberty (60 pounds) in your dad's hands for even one shot, I'd have to wrestle him to get it back.

There are still plenty of them out there, too, and should be available for well under $500 bare bow.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

take a look at the Diamond Black ice....one of the best out there for a smooth draw and good bow...my brother has shoulder problems and my 101st Airborne set at 65 lbs he cant even break it over.....but the ice he can handle very well....if i was looking for smooth,quiet and a good reliable bow look at the Diamond Black Ice
Old 04-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will second the Diamond Blackice! In my opinion, one of the smoothest single cam bow on the market! I have mine set at 65# and it is easy.. Get him a 60# bow. He will love it!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:25 PM

Martin Firecat all day long same price and faster! I would put my Firecat up against a black ice any day of the week and if you want even fast warthog can do the trick .
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I'm going to be the only guy recommending a Mathews. Find him a NIB Switchback XT or Drenlin DXT and I'm betting he'd be happy.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:29 PM

I second the Mathews bow recommendation. Regardless of what bow you buy, I'd get one off of Ebay. You could get a top of the line bow that is a year or two old for that price.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 PM

My local shop here in Missouri is selling leftover Bowtech Generals for $599.00. Considering it was bow of the year last year thats a heck of a deal. I would say a guy could find something in the Mission line for the price he is looking for.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:22 PM

Personally I am shooting a Bear showdown; I was looking to stay in the 500 dollar range after all my arrows, sight, rest, quiver, release, ect... I went with the showdown for the price and I really like it. On the other hand if I was just buying a bow for 500 dollars I think I would go with the diamond rock or maybe the bear done deal!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't overlook the Ross Carnivore. It is available in A to A's of 31, 34, and 37.

A Super Hunting bow to say the least!

My 31 and 34 have both drawn blood already.

Dan

Quick Reply: Wich Bow Would You Buy??? Help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.