Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Crimson Talon's vs. Slicktricks >

Crimson Talon's vs. Slicktricks

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Crimson Talon's vs. Slicktricks

Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crimson Talon's vs. Slicktricks

So, as some of you know I am a diehard Slicktrick guy. I love these broadheads! They fly great, and more importantly are devistating to whatever they make contact with.. With that said...

On Sat. it was a nice day here in Northern Mi.. I had just finsihed pressure washing my deck. And my glendale buck kept looking at me. So I folded under the pressure. I grabbed the Black Ice and started shooting. With turkey season starting in a week I decided to shoot my broadheads just to make sure they were still flying good. Then I remebered that I had a brand new package of these Crimson Talon BH's. I bought them with the intent on using the, but never did. So I kept them as a back up. Well I decided to shoot two of them.

So, I shot them at 20.30.40 and 50 yds. I was very impressed! I knew I was taking a chance shooting four arrows with BH's on them at my target, but what the hell. So he was the interesting thing... The slick tricks and talon's were neck and neck out to 30 yds.. But at 40 and 50 yds. I had a better group with the Talon's... At 50 yds, the talon's group stayed very close.. within an inch or so. The slilck tricks, I couldn't hardly keep them in the insert of my target.. Anyway i thought I would share my experience with you.

All BH's were new. 100 gr. Carbon express arrows and the good old Black Ice.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crimson Talon's vs. Slicktricks

I've Shot Crimson Talons in the backyard and was not impressed with their overall durability (maybe they've improved)

My Tricks group as well as target tips for me out to 50 yards. I'm really not sure how anything could possibly shoot any better. The main thing I like about Tricks other than the excellent flight is the toughness, sharpness, and devastation they put on an animal.

I don't see myself switching anytime soon!

Last season I tried some brand B broadheads on Turkeys and had nothing but Bad luck. This year I went back to Tricks and so far I am 5 for 5 on Turkeys with Tricks.

Dan
Old 04-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am with you! ST'd won't be leaving my quiver anytime soon! I was just impressed with how the talon's flew. I will hold onto them as back ups...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had great luck with both, but personally preferred the CT Xts...
They are not very durable, usually one kill per BH... but they are devastating... even w/ marginal hits...