Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Reezen 7.0?

Old 04-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Reezen 7.0?

I'm perfectly happy with my Switchback XT but am curious about this bow. I personally like a smooth drawing quiet bow with a minimum of 7" brace height so I'm intrigued by the Reezen 7.0. I havn't shot 1. How does it compare with my Switchback XT? Worth upgrading to? And you bowtech or (Pieces Scattered Everywhere) fans don't waste your time typing to recommend them to ME-I'm a diehard Mathews man. Mathews ain't broke so I'm NOT going to change trying to fix it.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Reezen 7.0?

Go shoot one. It's shoots nice for a fast bow. Little more kick then the Switchback, and a little stiffer draw, but it delivers the arrow with a little more authority. It's all in what you want to accomplish. An STS smooths it out even more.

Personally, I liked the Monster more myself. Liked the cam a little better. But that's just me.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing in the Mathews '09 line impressed me this year. If you like your XT and thinking about upgrading, get an S2. Which is an updated XT, just not advertised for by Mathews like the Reezen or Monster.If I were to buy a new Mathews it would be an S2 hands down. I've shot a monster, didn't care for it one bit. Not a bow for me, def. wouldn't want it in a treestand with me on a cold hunt. I didn't care the Reezen's either, rough draw and top heavy. If I were to get a bow that IBO's 330's-340's it would be the Elite GT500, very smooth and incredible back wall. If you wanting more speed (while still being smooth) and want to stick with Mathews, I would wait to see what they offer next year. If you didn't like the S2 that is..... Just my opinion and takeit for that, I'm not a fan of one band over another. I shoot what fits me best, and this year it was an Elite. If you like the Reezen, then by all means get one. You are the one shooting it, not a bunch of strangers online...
Old 04-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Spike

I went out and shot the reezan 7.0 the other day and i loved that bow so much I ordered one my take on the bow is its its lean mean machine!!! if you want more speed than thats a bow worth shooting the draw cycle is not quite as smooth as the dren and switch back but pretty darn close If you just grab the bow and rip it back it will feel harsh!!!! but its not made to do that with!!! a steady draw is the ticket with this bow!!! there is no recoil and its quiet and fast or did I say that already thats just my two cents for what its worth go shoot one and see for your self.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't care for the Reezen much stiffer draw cycle and was surprised at the recoil. Notthat there was a ton. But More than what I am use to especially from a top end bow manufacturer. Like was said above go shoot one. If you don't like your Xt then go for it. But I heard alot of guys saying they will stick with their XT, DXT and Drenalines. It's about what works for you when you shoot it.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's starting to sound like I'll be sticking with my "old" Switchback XT, and in doing so, saving a BUNCH of money.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well,I shot a 6.5 Reezen today-and at an indoor range too and I LOVED it! As soon as I can channel the funds past my wife I'm ordering 1. There was NO hand shock, it was VERY quiet with the STS on it as shot, and a LOT smoother to pull back than I expected. I had expected something barely "shootable" but was VERY pleasantly suprized.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe thats what we have to do for eachother from now on. Then when we go shoot it feels like a dream
Good luck in getting your new bow.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

The Reezen is fast but not nearly as smooth. If you like smooth, it will not be the bow for you. Many people do like it but it was not for me.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Spike

Well,I shot a 6.5 Reezen today-and at an indoor range too and I LOVED it! As soon as I can channel the funds past my wife I'm ordering 1. There was NO hand shock, it was VERY quiet with the STS on it as shot, and a LOT smoother to pull back than I expected. I had expected something barely "shootable" but was VERY pleasantly suprized.
right on coolthe reezen wasn't even a bow that i was even considering based on thepeople bashing it!!!ButI was at the shop one day andI said what the hey I will give ita try and next thing you know I nowam a proud owner of onethat goes to show can't listen to every thing you hear.

Quick Reply: Reezen 7.0?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.