Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 First impressions of Spot Hogg Hogg It. >

First impressions of Spot Hogg Hogg It.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

First impressions of Spot Hogg Hogg It.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First impressions of Spot Hogg Hogg It.

I have wanted one of these for quite some time, but to be honest the price always held me back. It's not that I have any problem spending money on archery stuff, I just had a hard time justifying that kind of money for a sight. I have used several different sights over the years from various companies that got the job done, held up well, and were half as much as the Spot Hogg.

Well, I managed to work a deal on that other archery sight for one that was new in the box and set up just as I wanted. It has 5 .10 green pins with the wrap and light. The sight also came with the knob which is very helpful when taking the sight off of the bow.

The sight arrived today and as soon as I opened the box and took it out I began to wonder why I waited so long. My first impression was "My gosh this thing is built like a tank!" The fit finish are fantastic and the amount of adjustment offered by this sight is incredible. I absolutely love all of the micro adjust capabilities that this sight offers. After reading the owners manual I can say that I can't wait to get this thing set up. I am going to run to the shop tonight and have the owner help me. This will be the first time I have set 2nd. and 3rd. axis leveling, so I will need all the help I can get .

I'll post more after I get it set up and I spend some time shooting it, but I can't see anything that I won't like about it. If any of you are looking for an incredibly well built, super adjustable sight, this one deserves consideration.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: First impressions of Spot Hogg Hogg It.

I've been saying the same since I got mine. Why did I wait?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Other sights can be adjusted to make you hit the target, but none that I've used do it as nicely as a Hogg. If you like owning really nice equipment and don't mind spending just a little more to have the best, buy the Spot-Hogg.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's a reason I've got six of them on all my bows...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, after a full day of work, running out to the lease to set up a ground blind for turkey hunting, and sitting down to eat with my family, the wind finally laid enough for me to get this thing sighted in.

Just as I had expected, the adjustment on this sight is mind blowing and very user friendly. Within an hour I had it sighted in from 30-70 yds. My primary field point target is a Morrell Outdoor Range and I love that even at 70 yds. the .10 pin does not cover the entire dot, it's close, but I can still center it. For being such small diameter I am very impressed with the brightness of these pins. As light was fading, I began to play with the light and it is first class all the way too. Having three different, positive settings is GREAT!

All in all I couldn't be happier or more impressed. I will probably never have six bows at one time like the guy above me , but if I did, they would all certainly be wearing this sight. I cannot see owning any other sight in the forseeable future.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Spot Hoggs are a great sight no doubt. I'm pretty much a rear slider user and prefer the HHA, but I put a Viper Predator Microtune on my Ross Carnivore 31 this year and have been very impressed.

Enjoy the Hogg It! You will be able to keep it around for years to come.

Dan
Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan-I too have used HHA sliders on several bows and found them to be one Hell of a sight. The only reason I went with the Hogg It was my desire to go back to a fixed pin sight.

Since you are a slider fan, have you checked out the new single/multiple pin sliders from Spot Hogg? I am hearing nothing but great things about them too.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

i will be buying my first hogg it in the next couple of day. i just cant make up my mind on the 2" ring or the 2" 3/8 ring. what do u guys do like?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Hunter Hogg-It has been my fav for the past 3 seasons.... the best and brightest I've ever found.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Do u like the small or large guard?

Quick Reply: First impressions of Spot Hogg Hogg It.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.