Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Admiral or Captain????

Old 03-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Spike

Default RE: Admiral or Captain????

Went to my bow shop last weekend and tried a new Captain out. Came home with the darn thing! I had a Commander and a Guardian, both 2007 models. I ended up selling the Commander. I just like shorter A2A bows for my needs. I got the Captain all set up and put about 250 shots through it to get everything settled in, then made sure the poundage was right at 70lbs. Took it and my Guardian, which I checked the poundage on it to be at 70lbs also, and shot both through my chrono to see how they stacked up. Both were set at a 29" draw. The Captain shot about 15-fps faster with whatever arrows I shot through them. I little smother draw with the Captain, and more dead at the shot. A really really nice shooting bow. Bowtech really did a nice job on the finish too. I can not find a blemish or bad spot anywhere. Just might get an Admiral now to replace the Guardian. If the wife doesn't shoot me with her Equalizer first! [/align]
Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 PM

How I wish to have your problems....Did you try the Sentinel?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vfthunter

How I wish to have your problems....Did you try the Sentinel?
I've been shootingmy Sentinel a lot this week and it is nice! It's the fastest of the Center Pivot bows and definitely a tack driver.

It comes without saying that it's quiet and vibration free. It is a little longer at 36 3/4" A to A but I actually prefer the longer bows. I think I may try Turkeys out of a blind with it.

It's hard to believe a bow under 37" is considered long today

Dan
Old 04-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, the Captain is a sweet shooting bow! I love mine!!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Spike

I haven't been to a shop that has had a Sentinel yet. I'd like to shoot one, but I'm not sorry I
sold my Commander. I just like a little shorter bow. The Captain fits me pretty darn good!