Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

SPOT HOGG USERS

Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SPOT HOGG USERS

I own five Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg Its... and just sold a Hogg It target version because I've decided not to pursue 3d as seriously as I was thinking about.

So... six Spot Hoggs on my bows... Does that tell you anything? When Dan says it is THE standard by which all others are judged, he's spot-on!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 AM

Say no More!!! I'm SOLD!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:52 AM

Say no more! I'm SOLD!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

i will be buying my first hogg it in the next couple of day. i just cant make up my mind on the 2" ring or the 2" 3/8 ring. what do u guys do like?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

For a hunting rig I prefer the larger ring. It gives me a better sight picture (more available view of the animal).

For a target rig, where light isn't an issue and you will be using a smaller peep, you can go with the smaller 2" ring.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 98Redline
For a hunting rig I prefer the larger ring. It gives me a better sight picture (more available view of the animal).

For a target rig, where light isn't an issue and you will be using a smaller peep, you can go with the smaller 2" ring.
I agree!

Be sure and check with me if you are interested in any model Spot Hogg. I try to keep my prices as competetive as possible.

Dan
Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

F Bass Pro! The sight can be a little needy for steady hands but you should be able to lock it down in one session. By far the sight I've had and not looking to change anytime soon.
Oh, and I would start looking else where for archery gear. Lancaster, South Shore and Keystone Country Store just to name a few.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I agree!

Be sure and check with me if you are interested in any model Spot Hogg. I try to keep my prices as competetive as possible.

Dan
don't see any spott hoggs on your webpage. what tab are they under. looking at maybe picking one up.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel diferently than most of these guys. I've had a mulitude of sights over the last 3 1/2 decades, both hunting and target sights. I have owned a Real Deal and a Hogg-It for the better part of five years and they are well built sights to sy the least, but personally I think adjustment of the pins is rather crude.

Loosen one set screw and tighten the other to change the tilt on the pin. It's all guess-by-golly. Gang adjustments is OK and they do stay put once tightened down, but adjusting each pin individually is a PITA as far as I'm concerned.

Probably the most precise pin sight I ever used or tried is the SureLoc Lethal Weapon. I tried the LW-1 on the only problem I had with that is that because it is closer to the bow I couldn't get the pins close enough. Bow as too fast.

The LW-2, being mounted on an extention bar was more favorable. Downside to these might be ruggedness for hunting. For 3D it is a superb sight.

There are lots of others as well, but for hunting setups I don't need precision adjustments. I just use an HHA slider set for 25 yards and leave it alone for hunting in the woods. I have the OL-5000 and this is by far one of the most rugged sights you'll ever find.