Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Elite Archery is on the move >

Elite Archery is on the move

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Elite Archery is on the move

Old 04-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elite Archery is on the move

How do the Elite bows hold at full draw? Currently I have a Bowtech Captain that is GREAT to aim. I absolutely love. On the other hand, I have never had a 'speed' bow and would kind of like to try one, but I don't want to give up the stability of my Captain at full draw.....
Old 04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Cuda cams feel just like the Tribute from Bowtech. Hard wall very fast cam.

Rev Cam is a little smoother with good back wall.

If you liked the earlier Bowtechs, Kevin designed for them. You will love these bows.

I truly think the GT500 is one awesome bow.
DB
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

The Captain is the only Bowtech I have ever owned. Well, other than the Black Ice I had last year. Which, by the way, wasn't as stable as the Captain.... Prior the that, all I have shot for 20 years or so were Hoyt bows. I wonder if the 34" ata of the Captain contributes to its stability? Anyway, I may have to give the GT500 a whirl, assuming I can find one in a left handed model!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM

can someone post the downside of the elite bows, or what you didnt like about them when you shot them?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cape

can someone post the downside of the elite bows, or what you didnt like about them when you shot them?
About 5 or 6 weeks ago, I shot the Z28 and the GT500 - after shooting most of the "new for '09" bows over the course of the winter.

The only thing I did not like about the Elites was --- they aren't free.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only downside I see with them (Other than not being free as Bruce mentioned ) is that there is a good percentage (and I don't mean a majority) of people who cannot get them, even with supetuning, to shoot the speeds they are supposed to be shooting. My GT500 was a very quick bow considering , but fell quite a bit short of where it should be speed-wise. My tech and I spent hours (together, and separately) trying to get it supertuned", even with custom string/cables, all to no avail. It was EXTREMELY frustrating and my dealer/friend was ready to bust me upside the head with the bow if I brought it in one more time to tinker with it

Having talked with my local Elite dealer/friend at length about them, In the shop's experience it's simply that some Elite's "have it" and some don't. The Tech's personal 27" GTO shoots 316 FPS with a loop, brass nock, kisser, and peep- which is 4 FPS faster than the best speed I could get out my GT500 at 28.5" with just a loop and peep They had one GTO that would shoot 358 at 30/70 IBO, but most ran in the mid 330s set up correctly (peak draw hitting at approx 6" intro draw cycle, and cams synched).

To add insult to injury, My AM35 was several FPS faster than my GT-500 apples. [:'(]

So my advice, is definitely BUY ONE- they are fantastic bows, hold like a rock, built like a tank, and shoot like a dream-They have a bunch of good folks runnning the company, and they are going places (albeit with some growing pains currently)! But don't go in with your expectations too high about the speed- that way if you get one that "has it", you'll really be excited. Next spring, I will be looking for a new bow (wedding present from the wife-to-be) and despite the issue I had with my GT-500, Elite will still be at the top of my list of bows to check out.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Only downside I see with them (Other than not being free as Bruce mentioned ) is that there is a good percentage (and I don't mean a majority) of people who cannot get them, even with supetuning, to shoot the speeds they are supposed to be shooting. My GT500 was a very quick bow considering , but fell quite a bit short of where it should be speed-wise. My tech and I spent hours (together, and separately) trying to get it supertuned", even with custom string/cables, all to no avail. It was EXTREMELY frustrating and my dealer/friend was ready to bust me upside the head with the bow if I brought it in one more time to tinker with it

Having talked with my local Elite dealer/friend at length about them, In the shop's experience it's simply that some Elite's "have it" and some don't. The Tech's personal 27" GTO shoots 316 FPS with a loop, brass nock, kisser, and peep- which is 4 FPS faster than the best speed I could get out my GT500 at 28.5" with just a loop and peep They had one GTO that would shoot 358 at 30/70 IBO, but most ran in the mid 330s set up correctly (peak draw hitting at approx 6" intro draw cycle, and cams synched).

To add insult to injury, My AM35 was several FPS faster than my GT-500 apples. [:'(]

So my advice, is definitely BUY ONE- they are fantastic bows, hold like a rock, built like a tank, and shoot like a dream-They have a bunch of good folks runnning the company, and they are going places (albeit with some growing pains currently)! But don't go in with your expectations too high about the speed- that way if you get one that "has it", you'll really be excited. Next spring, I will be looking for a new bow (wedding present from the wife-to-be) and despite the issue I had with my GT-500, Elite will still be at the top of my list of bows to check out.
Wow, a very precise, well thought out direct answer to the question. THANK YOU
I will try them out next time I’m at the shop.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Typical Buck

Your not giving yourself enough credit. The bow doesn't make the shooter. Tiger Woods could whoop me at golf even if he was using a switch from the willow tree my mom used to spank me with. Keep practicing and we'll see your name in magazines soon!!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cartman308

Your not giving yourself enough credit. The bow doesn't make the shooter. Tiger Woods could whoop me at golf even if he was using a switch from the willow tree my mom used to spank me with. Keep practicing and we'll see your name in magazines soon!!
Everyone once in awhile finds a bow that come along that can improve your scores. One that you know fits your shooting type. Tiger cannot win without good equi[pment.
Just like I tell everyone to find the bow that feels best to them in your hand.
DB
Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not knocking your equipment at all! You do need to find the bow that fits you best. This allow you to fully use the talents you strive to perfect.

Like i said above, Tiger could beat all us on here with a bent wilson from walmart. I have a full set of top o'line nike clubs and i still suck......don't get much practice either.

Point is the bow still doesn't make the shooter. A bow that feels best to the shooter shows everyone else what said shooter is capable of.

I'm just saying you should pat yourself on your back, thats all. Not that you shouldn't praise your equipment but you deserve the majority of that praise.

Shot straight and keep'em in the ten..........err forteen ring now, i guess.

later

Quick Reply: Elite Archery is on the move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.