HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Slick Trick vs. Muzzy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/289744-slick-trick-vs-muzzy.html)

Troutman10 03-21-2009 05:44 AM

Slick Trick vs. Muzzy

I've used muzzy's the last couple years and like their availability. However I recently noticed these slick tricks while at my local bow dealer. The Grizztrickslook ruthless. What does anyone think of any broadheads that slick trick makes? How are your experiences compared to muzzy's?Thanks in advance.

Horizontal Hunter 03-21-2009 07:58 AM

RE: Slick Trick vs. Muzzy

IMO they are a good broadhead. They fly great. But their blades were stronger before they started making them in Germany which is why I no longer shoot them. You will find many here that love them.

Bob

N2D 03-21-2009 03:53 PM

Slick Tricks are a top notce bh and are very tough.I have killed some deer with them the last two seasons. You will not find a better flying BH IMO. I also use Muzzy 125 grain three blade and actually prefer them over the ST. Reason being, I do not care for four bladed BH as well as the threee blade. The other reason is I like the wider cutting dia(1 3/16)of the Muzzy. I would like to see ST make a three blade BH. It takes a little work, but I do get my Muzzy's flying just asgood witha well tuned bow.

MeanV2 03-21-2009 05:05 PM

I used Muzzys for years and while they are a good head they are not as tough as a Slick Trick. Slick Tricks are sharp, cut awesome holes, tough, and fly excellent.

Dan

OklaBowhunter 03-22-2009 04:14 AM

Slicktricks are accurate and do the job. THis was from a 40lb bow and what a job it did.

dandbuck 03-23-2009 05:33 AM

I was a Muzzy fan. Problem was, even with my bow tuned well, i really had to work at getting the Muzzy to fly true to field points. Then i tried the Slick Tricks. First three shots from 20, 30, 40, then 3 more with my practice tips at 20,30, 40. All three with-in 3/4 inch of the others at that yardage (3 different targets). Made me a believer. They still shoot like my field points. I took a doe through the shoulder and had to replace the blades, but the head was good yet, I don't complaine about that. Try them!

MeanV2 03-23-2009 06:14 AM

ORIGINAL: OklaBowhunter

Slicktricks are accurate and do the job. THis was from a 40lb bow and what a job it did.

Nice!!!

Dan

mez 03-24-2009 09:11 AM

Both great BH's IMO. I switched from Muzzy's to Slick Trick's a few years back and really like them. At the time Muzzy wasn't making the smaller profile head like and that was one reason for the switch. I also don't like the Aluminum ferrule on the Muzzy head, I prefer all steel.

Have had no issues with the Tricks and don't plan on switching any time soon. Quality BH.

JOE PA 03-24-2009 10:35 AM

Muzzy makes good heads. The ferrules do tend to bend though. The older Muzzys with .020 blades are not as tough as Slick Tricks, IMHO.

Slick Tricks fly as well as any fixed head out there, almost like a mechanical. The newer blades have a longer taper than the older blades. They are much, much sharper. Replacing blades between shots at game seems a small price to pay for the scary sharp blades they are putting out now, compared to the very hard to sharpen blades they used to come with. There are a ton of good broadheads out there now, but I have no reason to switch from Slick Tricks.

luke/r 03-24-2009 11:14 AM

I shot Muzzy 75gr for the last 5 years and have no complaints but I just placed an order for some RazorTricks from MeanV. I have heard nothing but good about ST's so I am going to give them a try.