Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

peep sights

Old 03-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default peep sights

what does evrybody shoot with? the tube or just the peep on the string? i have always used the peep with the tube. i see people using just the one on the string and seems to be a pain as far as getting it straightened. somes times in full draw you have to move it with mouth to get it straight. but some people dont have to do that it works fine. i am thinking about changing. i love the tube no problems at all. but everybody seems to be going with just the one on string. any input would be great.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: peep sights

A peep without a tube has several advantages. There's no tube to break or be slapping the cable(s) making a bunch of noise and fraying the cables. They are lighter which equates to more speed. Usually you have a wider choice of peep sizes if you're one to bracket your sight guard.

The problems you are concerned about, the peep rotating when drawing, are usually a product of poorly manufactured strings, which is what you get from the factory in most cases.

When strings are made well, they are prestretched and pretwisted, then served. This makes the strands tighter within the bundle and evens out the worklaod each strand is doing, ultimately reducing or eliminating string twisting (peep rotation) as the bow is drawn. Sometimes another side affect is a gain in speed, as much as 10 fps, depending on which materials are used for the string.

Probably one the best reasons to get good strings is that once they have about 50 shots or so through them you can set up your bow and tune it and be relatively certain that peep rotation will be a non-issue. Also the bow will hold it's tune for a much longer time, usually till the strings need replaced.

This is why, as more people get educated to the fact, more are starting to rig their bows with good aftermarket strings. Another biproduct is that a few (not many) manufacturers are starting to make better strings or rig some of their bows with strings from a few custom string makers.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

G5 Meta peep or Tru-Peep.

No Tubes!

Dan
Old 03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

G5 Meta Peep for me, too. Well, until recently. I've changed to a Specialty Archery tubeless peep with a verifier lens (wish G5 made them, Dan!) due to failing eyesight.

Never will consider a tubed peep again.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

G5 Meta peep is my first choice
Old 03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

I don't use a peep... I have used a Timberline Archery No-Peep. Quicker shooting... better in low light and for failing eyes.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

What about the Venom Peep Sight www.scorpyontechnologies.com/store.html
Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

G5 Meta Peep for me, too. Well, until recently. I've changed to a Specialty Archery tubeless peep with a verifier lens (wish G5 made them, Dan!) due to failing eyesight.

Me too.Old eyes need help. LOL
Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldreloader

ORIGINAL: BruceW63

Me too.Old eyes need help. LOL
Yep Old eyes need brighter pins, bigger peeps, and closer shots. LMBO!

Dan
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

I like the tube and have never had any of the aforementioned problems. Replace every couple of years and no breakage problems either.

Quick Reply: peep sights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.