HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Which Broadheads Do You Shoot? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/288051-broadheads-do-you-shoot.html)

KJD_0214 03-01-2009 01:16 PM

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

I was wondering which broadheads everyone was shooting? Im looking to purchase some new ones and want to know the most popular ones.

stalkingbear 03-01-2009 02:02 PM

RE: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Personally, I use Rage 3 blade or Rocket Areoheads Hammerhead 3L if able to use expandables. In fixed heads, Razorcaps work GREAT!

Centaur 1 03-01-2009 04:02 PM

Slick Trick Magnuns and Steel Force Phat heads. The slick tricks fly better than any other head that I've tried.

cwillard 03-01-2009 05:07 PM

I love the Rage 2 blades, but I also like to experiment so I am going to experiment with the undertakers and the G5 strikers. Will let you know what I find out. The Rage 2 blades leave a massive hole and fly identical to my field tips.

Western MA Hunter 03-02-2009 04:13 AM

I was shooting the Crimson Talon XTs for a few year.. very happy with them, but have been lured by all of the hype and will be trying the Rage 2 Blade this upcoming season...

blkpowder 03-02-2009 05:22 AM

Rocket Sidewinders and Hammerheads. No fail and awsome results with both.

MeanV2 03-02-2009 07:51 AM

Slick Tricks!!

There is not a sharper, tougher, better flying broadhead on the market.

Dan

BGfisher 03-02-2009 08:55 AM

For the last 5 years I've been using InnerLoc. 75 gr most of the time, but occasionally 100 grains.

If I were to see a need to change right now I would get either Muzzy or Slick Tricks based on their construction and blade retention qualities. I'd lean more toward Muzzy simply because they cost about half what the most popular "latest and greatest" heads do and still do the same job.

MeanV2 03-02-2009 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

For the last 5 years I've been using InnerLoc. 75 gr most of the time, but occasionally 100 grains.

If I were to see a need to change right now I would get either Muzzy or Slick Tricks based on their construction and blade retention qualities. I'd lean more toward Muzzy simply because they cost about half what the most popular "latest and greatest" heads do and still do the same job.

BG, I respect your opinion, and I also know Muzzy's are a good head. They definitely make my short list of broadheads I'd shoot, but I assure you they are weak compared to the Slick Tricks, and in some cases take more than just a little tuning to get flight to an acceptable level in my eyes;)

Dan

slayer_54 03-02-2009 02:40 PM

muzzy cheap, tuff, they kill stuff