Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which Broadheads Do You Shoot? >

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM

Default RE: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

I shoot 100gr broadheads from crimson talon they shoot great.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cant believe no one here uses sonics, I LOVE EM! Ive killed 3 deer so far w/ them. Busted through both shoulders of a 200# buck like he was made of soft butter.Sharp as hell and the bloodtrails are awsome for such a small head. They fly better than any other head Ive ever used and theyre about 40$ for 6 which aint too bad IMO. Ive heard people say they had the blades peel back but I suspect they didnt thighten the lock ring enough which is crucial w/ this head. I never had a problem w/ them.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:36 PM

100 gr shuttle t, wac-em, slick tricks and rage 2 blade.like them all
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 PM

For turkeys I use the vortex 100 gn, deer and lg game I use the rage 2 blade. Both fly like darts. The rage will pinatrate well and leaves a blood trail a blind man could follow. The vortex doesn't get as good of penatration but on turkeys I don't want all the much penatration. Both have a 2.5 cutting width. All broadhead kill by hemoraging, the bigger the hole the quicker they bleed out.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Spike

Lost my first 2 deer this year shooting a rage! Glad i switched back to my trusty dusty muzzys when i shot my buck. I'll never use another mechanical brodhead.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: N2D

I shoot good ole Muzzy's. They have stood the test of time, are priced right, and available just about anywhere. I also have shot Slick Tricks as well and believe them to be another excellent head. Killed deer with both the past two years but I perfer the Muzzy 125 three blade. They are my confidence broadhead.

Ed
Muzzy by far the most available and cheap and most importantly do the job everytime.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Steelforce..
Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

slick tricks here, i switched last year from muzzy 3 blade 100s, i had some issues with the muzzys not flying true, i switched to the slick tricks and they fixed my problem, they also leave some of the biggest blood trails i've ever seen, shot 3 deer with them last season and watched all three drop..........awesome heads
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

These first cut work well, they kill elk and I've never had an issue.. And I am sure all broadheads will work regardless of price and marketing.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

Cant believe no one here uses sonics, I LOVE EM! Ive killed 3 deer so far w/ them. Busted through both shoulders of a 200# buck like he was made of soft butter.Sharp as hell and the bloodtrails are awsome for such a small head. They fly better than any other head Ive ever used and theyre about 40$ for 6 which aint too bad IMO. Ive heard people say they had the blades peel back but I suspect they didnt thighten the lock ring enough which is crucial w/ this head. I never had a problem w/ them.
I started using the Buckmaster 100 grains last fall to try them out.. Used to use First Cuts before that.. I was really impressed with them, flew exceptionally well and they are much tougher than expected.. I didn't kill anything last fall but we did go antelope hunting and I had quite a few misses and the broadheads did hit rocks and stuff in the ground.. All they needed was either a little love on the stone or strope, or a blade replacment. No head came apart nor did any blades curl. Will be using them again this fall.

Quick Reply: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.