Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which Broadheads Do You Shoot? >

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

No doubt you guys should spend all the money you want to make this hobby/passion enjoyable. But if you can't get the job done because you didn't have a 10 dollar head on, you got other issues.
Yeah! We should all use wally world heads and save a couple of $

No difference in quality anyway[8D]Heck I saw a guy kill a deer with a field tip. What do I want to waste my money on broadheads for?

Is there any logic left? I mean how much can you really save a yearusing cheaper heads? I guess it just depends on your priorities.

Dan
Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

No doubt you guys should spend all the money you want to make this hobby/passion enjoyable. But if you can't get the job done because you didn't have a 10 dollar head on, you got other issues.
Yeah! We should all use wally world heads and save a couple of $

No difference in quality anyway[8D]Heck I saw a guy kill a deer with a field tip. What do I want to waste my money on broadheads for?

Is there any logic left? I mean how much can you really save a yearusing cheaper heads? I guess it just depends on your priorities.

Dan
Well, the guy asked for opinions, I gave mine and you gave yours. Its not about money exactly for me, just learned that I can get the job done with a thunderhead or magnus just as well. But there are always going to be folks fall for marketing hype. I fell for it myself for a few years, just found a way just as good less expensive.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

No offense KJD but the problemI see with this thread is the first post. you shouldnt care what is "popular". you need to shoot what you feel confident with. it shouldnt matter what Joe on the next piece of property is shooting or you buddy at the shop.
what is popular may not work for you and your setup. unfortunately theonly way to find out is to try some and see what works.
Good luck and be safe.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
N2D

I shoot good ole Muzzy's. They have stood the test of time, are priced right, and available just about anywhere. I also have shot Slick Tricks as well and believe them to be another excellent head. Killed deer with both the past two years but I perfer the Muzzy 125 three blade. They are my confidence broadhead.

Ed
Old 03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzy 125! I spine shot a deer this year (Hope it NEVER happens again). The Muzzy smashed through a couple of verterbrae and buried itself in the bucks spine. The deer dropped on the hit and stayed there for a couple of finishing shots. When butchering (The arrow broke off in him) I was able to get the Muzzy out of the spine and it looked practically brand new!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like mentioned fixed heads such as Theads, Muzzy, slick tricks, etc are popular choices because they flat out work well. I will not shoot expandables due to hunting larger then deer game primarily with my bows. As such my choice for the past number of years is a cut on contact heads; such as magnus, steelforce, etc. Beenstuck on Steelforce Premiums for anumber of years now.Elk, moose, deer and black bear have resulted in pass thru's and short tracks. Awesome flight(no adjustments needed as they fly right with my field points), sharpness and great results, I see no need to change.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Spike

G5 Montec is a great broadhead. They will do some serious damage to a deer.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzy 125gr 3 blade

I tried a few and settled on the Muzzy, like to try to stay away from mix matching too much. If I shot a faster setup I would go with the 100gr....if I went after tough boar or moose in such I may switch to the cut on contact Muzzy Phantom.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Slick Trick Magnums
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Spike

Rage 2-blades did a heck of a job for me this season - 4 does, 3 bucks, 1 turkey, 1 red fox

Quick Reply: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.