HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Difference between Bowtech and Diamond Bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/286079-difference-between-bowtech-diamond-bows.html)

GrtWhtHntr 02-11-2009 12:21 PM

Difference between Bowtech and Diamond Bows

I know the Admiral probably has better cams and maybe higher quality parts, but has anyone shot both and felt or seen the difference? The only reason I am thinking about the Ice Man over the Admiral is because i have saved up a lot of money on my Cabelas card and am looking for a new bow that i can buy with my points. Cabelas doesn't carry the Bowtech line, but they do carry the Diamond Bows. Any help would be great. Maybe i should be looking at a Hoyt instead of a Diamond!!

Z. Sherman 02-11-2009 02:10 PM

RE: Difference between Bowtech and Diamond Bows

i don't know for sure if this is the actual difference or not, but i know that bowtech bows are all binary cam systems or something similiar, whereas diamond bows are all solocams except for one. I think it is just the two different lines with different names, but really made by the same company. I'm not garunteeing this is the real reason though, Just my opinion.

MeanV2 02-11-2009 03:03 PM

BowTech bows do have the top of the line in Technology. The Binary cams for one. The Diamond line does have one Center Pivot Bow in the lineup this year.

I prefer the Binarys when it comes right down to it, but that doesn't mean you will. Shoot them all and then make up your mind!;)

Don't overlook the Ross Carnivores either. They have Hybrid Cams, and Smooth is an understatement. Schweet!!:D

Dan

bowdaddy1964 02-11-2009 03:20 PM

Same company just different styles of bow. Diamond line was purchased by Bowtech. For the most part Bowtech has been Binary cam bows. and Diamond has beenone cam. But 09' has brought change to the lineup, Picked upRoss bows and changed some of the bows in the line that were already in production, and added several new bows to both sides of the line. There areBinary cam Diamonds now.The IceMan is going to be my next bow I belive, I just bought my wife a Justice (Diamond) and my son a 82nd airborne (Bowtech). They make a fine quality line, and customer service is really good.

MeanV2 02-11-2009 03:36 PM

There are NO Binary Cam Diamond Bows

Dan

Roger46982 02-12-2009 12:49 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

There are NO Binary Cam Diamond Bows

Dan
+1

Greg / MO 02-12-2009 06:02 AM

The ONLY difference between the two lines is BowTechs utilize the binary cams, while the Diamond line employs single cams. That's it.

Same manufacturing lines, same CNC machines, same 60601 aluminum risers, same everything.

The Diamond line is NOT an inferior line or second-tier player in terms of quality to the BowTech line.

SouthDakotaHunter 02-12-2009 05:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

The Diamond line is NOT an inferior line or second-tier player in terms of quality to the BowTech line.
I think Greg hits the nail on the head.... The Diamond line has some awesome shooting bows!

Roger46982 02-12-2009 11:45 PM

I just set up a Diamond Nitrous and it is the smoothest, most quiet, shock free bow I have ever owned and I have had em all.

PABowhntr 02-13-2009 06:26 AM

I hear ya about that Cabelas Visa. Those points come in handy. ;)

As the other guys stated, there is no difference in terms of quality/construction, etc... between the Bowtechs and the Diamonds. The cam design is the only real difference.