HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   winner choice strings (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/285340-winner-choice-strings.html)

zophy 02-04-2009 02:24 PM

winner choice strings

Has anyone replaced there stock bow string with winners choice? I'm thinking about replacing my stock bowstring on my DXT for one.. I read that they never stretch.

bigcountry 02-04-2009 02:44 PM

RE: winner choice strings

I have several winners choice strings. Great strings. Tad over priced however. I like the coating they use on thier cables. Just like most bowstrings, they need about 50-70 shots to shoot in. Then they shouldn't stretch. They are made of pur 8125 so they can streatch but winners choice prestretches them. Now 452 won't stretch at all.

ZachCL 02-04-2009 08:02 PM

I just replaced mine on my DXT with some WC string. I love em so far, I had to put about 20 arrows through before I set my peep, but have had no problems since.

mfd1027 02-04-2009 08:37 PM

I've had good luck with em. Like others have said "they need a few shots through them to set em" but once you shoot em in and set your peep you should be all set. IMHO custom strings are some of the best money an archer can spend on their bow.

Dan

MeanV2 02-05-2009 08:10 AM

I think there are several Quality custom Strings available including WC, BuckNasty, and VaporTrails. I am not a fan of 8125.

I am currently running a special on Vapor Trails if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Dan

zophy 02-05-2009 09:56 AM

Thanks for your info. On there website I see various items like Torque Reduction Cable System,Ultimate String Loop,X-Coat and X Braid Plus. Does anyone have these items? Should I order any of these items when I order my string? WWW.WINNNERSCHOICESTRINGS.COM

G92 02-05-2009 11:59 AM

i will be putting winners choice on my bow as soon as i get the money

wvdeerhunter22 02-10-2009 05:00 PM

I am on my 3rd Winners choice string. I had a mathews sq2 that I put one on and it worked flawlessly. I sold that bow, bought and outback, tried to stay with the Zebra and it would not quit moving, so I bought a WC and again it worked perfectly. Each string needed 20-30 shots to settle. I sold that bow and bought a Switchback XT, I immediatley replaced the factory string with the WC string and cable. This is the only one I have had a bit of a problem with. This string seemed like it would not settle. For those of you who have purchased them, you probably remember that they are shipped with a paper clip holding them to keep the string twisted where it was supposed to be. This particular string had the clip and appeared to be ok.

I had to twist the string and cable both, multiple times to get the bow back to spec. In fact, I twisted the cable to the point that I wasnt sure I should twist it any more. After more that 300 shots It settled in, And It has not moved for over a year with regular shooting.

While I am not trading this bow in yet, I am probably going to replace the string before the 2009 hunting season, just for preventative reasons. I am not sure that I will go with another winners choice, It is two good to one less that good. However, if I dont go with winners choice, I am not sure which custom string to go with. Vapor Trail, Americas Best, I have even had the guy that owns the local pro shop suggest that I go with a bowtech factroy string made to fit the XT, since I have been using WC I really havent kept myself up to speed on the other brand out there.

Anyhow, just my experiances with WC strings. I have mixed feelings my self, so it is hard for me to make adefinite reccomendation. But I am open to anyone's advice.