Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

help please.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:42 PM

Default help please.

I am fixing to buy a new bow, I want tunability speed and a little forgivness.
I had it down to- shot all @ 29 and around 70# with a cx maxima 350
Reezen 6.5 liked it, I shot it rigged out and just with a rest. I personaly liked the draw cycle. The hand shock was bearable and once rigged out dident vibrate to much.
DXT- I thought the draw was smooth but seemed harder to get back in the begining of the cycle. Its a2a bothers me cuz I have a long draw, will it be real sensitive to torque? Otherwise sweet bow
Then the X-forces caught my eye........wow fast, and not bad shooters shot the old x-force and the GX.....but Ithink I wana go back to a single cam for tuning reasons
Whats yalls thoughts
Reezen
Dxt
X-force
by the way 6" and 6.5" bh dosent bother me at all
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 PM

Default RE: help please.

I would reccomend the DXT but then again I might be biased because thats the bow I shoot. I have shot the reezen and also the x-force. I thought the x-force had a pretty rough draw cycle, but its fast plenty fast. The reezen is fast too, i didnt like the back wall on it though, felt a little too loose but it was fast and I personally thought the hand shock was pretty tough. IMO the dxt is plenty fast for any hunting situation and has a smoother draw, and a smoother shot. I have a 29 in. draw lenth and have no problem with accuracy. Good luck with your search.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:44 PM

thanks man, I am leaning towards the DXT
Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the dxt but... With a longer draw, you will be more likely to cant the bow even worse than someone with a shorter DL. You would most likely be able to shoot the reezen better b/c of the extra stability in ATA. I love the DXT and wouldnt be afraid to buy one, but i believe the reezen would be more forgiving for you.

As far as the xforces go... If you are looking for a single cam, or steering that way, check out the bowmadness! They are awesome imho. I really like the one that i have shot (shot it numerous times) and it seems to be very consistant. AT a 5spot shoot last weekend, my partner shot his, which is the short model (29 or 30 i believe) and he shot a 291 with his hunting setup! THe bow will definately shoot, and its smooth as butter. The only thing that the BM needs imo is a decent stabilizer. Not for vibe. but for a little weight forward. Other than that, its a superb bow.

Sorry for reviewing a bow you didnt mention, just thought you might be interested...

Derek
Old 01-30-2009, 07:50 PM

I have shot the bow madness, matter of fact I have one set up for me @ work and sighted in so when someone wants me to shoot I wont look like a dummy and miss.....lol. I just randomly pick a bow for that from time to time.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:55 PM

I shot a reezen with the Harmonic Stabelizer on the bottom of the riser--- night and day, no more vibration, so mabey it might be a Reezen.....
I did dig the Alpa Max but just not my cup of tea, shot em both again today
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I'm curious? your sig shows a 2009 Admiral. What did you not like about that bow?
Dandbuck
Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM

go with the DXT
Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you try a Katera?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dandbuck

I'm curious? your sig shows a 2009 Admiral. What did you not like about that bow?
Dandbuck
x2, whats wrong with your admiral?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.