Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

b stinger stab

Old 01-27-2009, 02:50 PM

Default b stinger stab

pros and cons?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Default RE: b stinger stab

I don't personally own one but if you go to Archery Talk you will find a ton of first hand info on them. Agood number of serious archers seem to swear by them as the best out there. You will find info on some other makers of quality stabs as well.
Dave
Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

The B-Stinger is a very well built stabilizer and for it's intended purpose it works very well.

That being said, the B-Stinger is not for everybody. It carries nearly all of it's weight out front....and a significant amount at that. The big benefit is that it behaves like a much longer stabilizer. The drawback is if you are used to shooting a shorter....lighter stab then your bow will feel VERY front heavy.

If you are OK with the change in weight distribution on your bow then go for it.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Not the best looking stab. out there but they're not about looks. They do what they're supposed to do and that's "stabilize your bow". Go to the Spot Hog website. There's an article that explains the function a lot better than I can. I know that you will shoot better with one. The best thing I can say about the company is they have the best customer service I've ever dealt with.
Their guarantee is second to none: Try it for 30 days. If you don't like it send it back and you get a full refund. No questions asked. It's hard to beat the offer if you just want to try one. There's nothing to lose. AT does have a lot of info. about them.

Dan
Old 01-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Actually if you want to go directly to the source, the B-Stinger is made by a company called simply enough "The Stabilizer Company".
www.b-stinger.com

They make the stabilizers in many more versions that SH carries.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just ordered one this past week to test and plat with. I am a Spot Hogg dealer and I've been aiming to try one for a couple years.

Better late than Never!

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the info guys I been wanting to buy one 8.5in 11oz for hunting. I use a scoil right now and didnt know if it was worth getting a bstinger for 40yd and under shots when something with a little noise vib control would do the trick.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I just ordered one this past week to test and plat with. I am a Spot Hogg dealer and I've been aiming to try one for a couple years.

Better late than Never!

Dan
Let us know what you think, Dan. I'm on the fence between this and the Xtreme custom one being offered by a member on AT now.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Better late than Never!

Dan
Let us know what you think, Dan. I'm on the fence between this and the Xtreme custom one being offered by a member on AT now.
Matt, mine is on order and I hope it will be here soon.

Dan