Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 interested in buying one of the new bows out >

interested in buying one of the new bows out

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

interested in buying one of the new bows out

Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default interested in buying one of the new bows out

but only the best. one of the new ones mathews, hoyt,bow-tech,pse can yall give me some in put on what the rumors are out right is the best out there and some good euipment also. are the easton acc s still the best. and what grain. i hunt texas. im 225 lb 5 ft 11. 29 draw 63 lb pull
Old 01-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: interested in buying one of the new bows out

Being left handed I have a hard time getting my hands on a variety of new bows. So my actual experience is somewhat limited. What I can say is that the BowTech Captain is a VERY nice piece of archery equipment. Quiet, dead in the hand at the shot, holds steady - amazing.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I guess I would be asking for what you are looking for out of the bow. Do you want speed? Is weight an issue? How about the feel of the draw cycle? What kind of accuracy potential would you like to see?

All of these questions factor into what suggestions I think a person would make. You could, realistically, buy a bow from any of the companies you mentioned and receive excellent quality. I am obviously very fond of some of the new Bowtech/Diamond/Ross models that I have gotten my hands one. I am in the process of setting up the Ice Man so I cannot really comment on it yet. I do have some very high praise for the Ross Carnivore 31. Shot feel is superb...no recoil, low noise, no vibration, exceptionally smooth draw cycle, excellent accuracy (can't say enough about that) and a fit and finish level above almost any other bow I have owned. Give it a hard look. I think you will like it.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

It really does depend on exactly what you are looking for as mentioned above.

More details please!

Dan
Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 PM

i shoot a mathews switchback xt and love it. but i have shot a few bowtechs and a hoyt. when you get up in the high dollar bows they are real close. you need to go to the shop and feel them for yourself. it will be personal choice.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

it really is mostly personal feel but i would sugjest getting a nece used mathewes outback or switchback. i recently got a used outback and absolutly love it. and for only 400 dollars being fully set up, it was a steal. unless u really want a new super fast bow i would sugjest getting a used one.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: bubba holley

are the easton acc s still the best.

Not a fan of the acc's for hunting. In my experience they bend too easy on impact no matter what you shoot. I switched back to Gold Tips. They are half the cost so when you throw one at a squirrel it isn't so painful. I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy.

And on the matter of bows. I switched from Mathews to Bowtech last year and am extremely happy. I got a Guardian so I could work on it without a press, that's what sold me. Fun bow to shoot too.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

look at the Mission line of bows(built by Mathews) great bow for the money.i bought a new x3 this week!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: steelhead777

look at the Mission line of bows(built by Mathews) great bow for the money.i bought a new x3 this week!
I agree. Also I would check out the PSE Bow Madness. I've shot a lot of the new ones, including the new Hoyt, Bowtech Admiral, Mathews DXT and Reezen..etc....and the PSE shot better than all of those. It has it all. Check it out.