HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Octane Feedback Wanted!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/283351-octane-feedback-wanted.html)

iamgreatwhite 01-19-2009 10:44 AM

Octane Feedback Wanted!!!

Hey, everyone. I'm looking into Octane's new line of equipment and would greatly appreciate anyone's opinions of these products. Advantages and disadvantages? Thanks.

Dozen Arrows 01-19-2009 01:05 PM

RE: Octane Feedback Wanted!!!

ORIGINAL: iamgreatwhite

Hey, everyone. I'm looking into Octane's new line of equipment and would greatly appreciate anyone's opinions of these products. Advantages and disadvantages? Thanks.
I don't know about the new 09 stuff, it looks a bit much but I have thier original quiver and I can see it lasting me for manyyears.

hmthtrfan 01-19-2009 01:18 PM

I use the Octane Hostage Pro rest, been on for about 2 weeks, seems really nice so far.

deerdart 01-21-2009 05:49 AM

i have a hostage pro and i love it but i think there r a few cons. i wouldnt recomend it if u shoot alot because after awile the brisle things start to wair out. i think its better than the wisker biskut because there r no fletching contact and u can adjust it to fit the diameter of ur arrows perfictaly. i think its the best rest for hunting but not for ashooting league. i also like it cause its looks preaty badass to. :D

buckeye 01-21-2009 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: deerdart

i have a hostage pro and i love it but i think there r a few cons. i wouldnt recomend it if u shoot alot because after awile the brisle things start to wair out. i think its better than the wisker biskut because there r no fletching contact and u can adjust it to fit the diameter of ur arrows perfictaly. i think its the best rest for hunting but not for ashooting league. i also like it cause its looks preaty badass to. :D
Octane is now using a new stiffer bristle with the Hostage Pro. Contact your local shop about getting you some. :)

MeanV2 01-21-2009 12:00 PM

I use the Quivers and they are Nice, quality throughout. I Love the adjustability, and QD feature. These quivers will be passed from bow to bow for several years.

I also have the Octane stabilizers on a couple of my Bows and they perform as advertised.

Dan

longbeard_chaser 01-26-2009 02:20 PM

I have the octane 1 piece quiver. Best quiver on the market.
I too am looking into the pro hostage rest.
A buddy uses the hostage rest and loves it.
And the new sight for 09 looks bad ass.

I think Octane puts a lot of quality into all of there products.

RuLzU 02-12-2009 09:46 PM

when is the Octane NXS bowsight gonna be available.?

provb28 02-13-2009 05:49 AM

I used the hostage pro for about 4 weeks and ended up selling it for about 20 bucks. the brushes wore out fast because I shoot alot so I have switched to the trophy taker .
The rest would be good for someone that doesnt shoot much but for someone like me who shoots around 200 arrows 4 times a week this rest isnt the best choice

PABowhntr 02-13-2009 06:17 AM

I have used various Octane products over the last year or so that they have been in existance.

Positives:

- Extremely well made
- Innovative designs

Negatives:

- Some of the products are quite expensive.