Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Octane Feedback Wanted!!! >

Octane Feedback Wanted!!!

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Octane Feedback Wanted!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Octane Feedback Wanted!!!

ORIGINAL: provb28

I used the hostage pro for about 4 weeks and ended up selling it for about 20 bucks. the brushes wore out fast because I shoot alot so I have switched to the trophy taker .
The rest would be good for someone that doesnt shoot much but for someone like me who shoots around 200 arrows 4 times a week this rest isnt the best choice
I'm fairly sure they have changed the brushes since earlier ones.

I do know the Hostage Pro I just bought a couple of weeks ago had spare brushes packed with it

Dan
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

when is the Octane NXS bowsight gonna be available.?
The last I heard wasMarch sometime.... But I don't know if that's still the case?
Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM

actually I just use the hostage as late as november and it came with the extra brushes
at first I thoguht I had the brushes to tight but that wasnt the case
in any event its only my opinion and every one like different things and if you choose to use it enjoy
ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: provb28

I used the hostage pro for about 4 weeks and ended up selling it for about 20 bucks. the brushes wore out fast because I shoot alot so I have switched to the trophy taker .
The rest would be good for someone that doesnt shoot much but for someone like me who shoots around 200 arrows 4 times a week this rest isnt the best choice
I'm fairly sure they have changed the brushes since earlier ones.

I do know the Hostage Pro I just bought a couple of weeks ago had spare brushes packed with it

Dan
Old 02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

when is the Octane NXS bowsight gonna be available.?
Local shop said some are due in April.
They think they will be available in quantity by October.

I cant wait to check one out.
If I cant get one in April I will wait until next season to buy.
I don't like changing my setup once the season starts.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hostage pro is a great rest and with the bristle improvements, even better. I love the one peice detachable quiver, but beyond that I haven't used any others of their offerings.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 AM

I installed a Hostage rest last year in place of a WB because all my vanes were warping... The first thing I noticed was the the carbon arrow wanted to fall thru it because the brushes were so far apart - almost like it was designed for an aluminum arrow but they were trying to cover all arrow sizes... So I shimmed the lower brush and it helped immensely... very stable and accurate... but now I notice a considerable amount of brush wear... I shoot a dozen arrows or so most weeks just to keep in tune.. not much really... I wrote to Bowtech as soon as I noticed the clearance problem and suggested they tighten up the brushes for carbons. They didn't even acknowledge my email, somewhat of a disappointment - as, if my customer had a recommendation, I'd at least listen and thank them... I can't be the only one with the problem... Wondering if the new one's are the same?
WB's load quicker and more positive - the Hostage loads from the top... definitely a disadvantage over the diagonal side loading of the WB in case you need a second shot...IF you get the chance for one... I reinstalled my WB yesterday and my groups tightened up a bunch... Now the question is - do I keep it on or buy new brushes for the Hostage...?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Octane Hostage Pro has adjustable brushes

Dan
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM

"New and improved" usually means, "We fixed the previous version... now give us more of your money..."
Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Doktor

"New and improved" usually means, "We fixed the previous version... now give us more of your money..."
The Hostage & the Hostage Pro are 2 separate rests both are still being marketed.

Dan
Old 03-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhwmMDgdDwQHEres the you tube video for the sight.