HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   bowtech 82nd airborne (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/283091-bowtech-82nd-airborne.html)

bigmster127 01-17-2009 02:30 PM

bowtech 82nd airborne

does anybody own one of these bows and how do they like it?

Doegirl75 01-19-2009 04:45 PM

RE: bowtech 82nd airborne

I guess no one on this forum but me owns an 82nd:D. For me, I find it well balanced, no hand shock, and very quiet. The draw cycle is not that bad, better than my Equalizer IMO. I wouldn't let the short brace height scare ya. It's a very shootable bow. As advertised the speed is there. My bow is set at 54lbs, 26.5" drawlength. I get 270fps from a 350 grain arrow and 236fps from a 450gr. arrow. At my draw length/weight, that's absolutely smoking.:)

dogboy900 01-19-2009 05:20 PM

I have one as well.
To be honest I thought the draw cycle was fairly harsh, but my previous bow was a early 90's PSE Fireflight Express, so I have nothing more modern to compare it with.
The harsh draw does limit my shooting time, but I could get around that by lowering the draw weight, if I wanted.

I went from instinctive shooting with finger release to using sights and a release aid so it was a big shock to my shooting.
It took a while to get used to but now I am shooting better than I would have thought possible.

I like the positive stop at full draw.
The valley is a little short so if you creep it will go on you.
But as the advertising says it shoots smooth, fast and accurately.

I am shooting a 526grain arrow at around 265, out of a bow at 68lbs and 29 inch draw, so far they blow through everything I have shot.

Oh and it's pretty too ;)

MeanV2 01-20-2009 07:03 AM

I have an 82nd and absolutely Love it. I hunted with it this past season and killed 4 animals with it.

I really don't mind the Draw Cycle at all, but then I am not over bowed by any stretch.

IMHO I think they are a Great bow for those who have a 28.5" Draw length or less. If you are longer I would suggest another model.

They are Great shooters, group well, Fast, and deliver an arrow with authority. Mine is very quiet as well!:D

Dan

Buck Magnet 01-20-2009 07:33 AM

I have one and I like it, but I definetly won't say that it is my favorite bow that I have ever owned, I would give that to either my 2004 BowTech Liberty or my 2006 BowTech Old Glory)

The bow has a good fit and finish. I love the feel of the InVelvet dipping but I don't believe it is as durable as it should be.

The bow is pretty quiet (very quiet for the speed) and has very little vibration. The grip is great and it has a very nice balance/shootability.

The only downside I see is the draw cycle, I didn't think that I would mind it much when I first purchased the bow, but after shooting it a good bit I will say that it isn't what I would consider a "good" drawing bow. It isn't horrible by any stretch but it definetly does have a stiff draw and a noticeable hump to it. The bow has a great/solid backwall but it has a very small valley which makes the string want to take off if you creep forward at all. I was thinking about keeping it another year but I am not too sure now, I am starting to get the itch to check out the BowTech Captain/Admiral, Diamond IceMan, and the new Hoyts.

brotherbdc 01-20-2009 04:49 PM

I personally want to kick myself in the rear for selling my 82nd for an Admiral!!!! Ill probably get rid of it and get another 82nd.... I loved that bow.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-30-2009 06:20 PM

I have an 82nd and I used all last year for 3D and then hunted with it. It's ranked right up there with my favorite bows of all time. Just this evening I was shooting my Admiral, Iceman, Carnivore, Allegiance and 82nd. I just love the 82nd. I don't see putting it to the side anytime soon. It's probably my go to 3D bow again this year.