Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ? >

Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

ORIGINAL: mez

No it is not. If comfort is your primary concern go with the Summit.
I agree, that's why they make a replacement seat for the lone wolf.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the summit backpacker. I love it because it folds flat and I can sit all day in it comfortably. I have never tried a lone wolf so I can't compare the two.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:50 PM

I love both of My Ol'Mans. I have the MultiVision and the Older Steel one. The vision is nice as it is like 3 stands in one. You can use it as a open front or gun rest or foot rest. It is aluminum and only weighs 17-18 pounds and paks flat and goes up quiet. My cousin has the lone wolf which he paid 100 bucks more for than mine and is not near as versatile and not as comfy.

The olman is much like the treewalker you can face the tree or standard. You can even slide the seat out and lean back like the tree walker picture with the guy snoozing. I have had each for many years with no failures or issues.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

Your Summit climbers are the ONLY tree climber made here in the USA. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING else is made off shore. Look and compair the quaility and workmanship of a Summit to anything else out there and you'll see for yourself what I'm talking about and Summit has a great customer service.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a person who owns both a Summit and Lone Wolf I can say this.

The Summit is an excellent stand. I have a Cobra X4 (has open front) and have not had a single issue with the stand in terms of operation and comfort. I recently picked up a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb and have used it for almost one full season.

Here are my thoughts.

Comfort: Summit, as mentioned wins this one. They are very comfy to sit in, especially for long or all day sits. However, I did not have a problem pulling off all day sits in the Lone Wolf either. The new seat really improved this stand. But the Summit was still more comfy.

Climbing: I think both climb very well. I can't really say if one is better than the other in that regard. They're just a little different in terms of "feel".

Packing/carrying: This is where the Lone Wolf shines. There is no comparison. It packs down to 3" thick and you can jog through the woods with it on your back. Now, my Summit and LW are only a few pounds different, but the weight distribution, because it is closer to your body and you don't have anything hanging out away from you, it feels much lighter.

Noise: Lone Wolf wins here too. Absolutely silent to setup and climb with. The Summit, if you take your time, can be climbed with pretty quietly, but you really need to pay attention with them. Plus, you have the solid cast platform. It doesn't make squeeks if your boots are wet, doesn't creak and is very stable.

All in all, I don't think there is a better climber on the market than a Lone Wolf. I haven't touched my Summit since getting one. If you have issues with the seat not being comfortable enough for you, you can always pick up a Summit seat, which will fit right on there and have the best of both worlds.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

I own a Lone Wolf and3 other climbers including Summit, andAPI.I have a Summit Goliath that I bought instead of the Viper,as the couple extra inches in increased size make it even more comfortable IMO.

I will agree with some of the other posts that the Lone Wolf is quieter and packs much much better.
I dont know if there is any advantage on stability. The Summit is rock solid when locked on the tree.
However when it comes to comfort they are worlds apart IMO. I have sat in my Summit on all day sits for about 12 hours in complete comfort. I have attempted long sits in the LW, and it is not a fun experience. I find myself constantly wanting to move around toget comfortable, and having to stand much much more.

To me I would rather deal the extra work packing in the heavier less pack friendlySummit then to deal with being uncomfortable on an all day sit especially if I will be hunting the same tree for multiple days. Pack in once and enjoy multiple days of comfort is an easy decision to me. Summit.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 AM

Go with the Summt Viper ss, I have a Summit Gaolithe and it is simple outstanding, i wanted to the viper ss but they were sold out and the gaolithe was on sale. I haev a had mine for 3 years now, and it is still lighter then many other tree stands i have seen. i have never had a single problem with it, never confusing, and most importantlyitwill give you a sense of saftey 100% of the time while 30 feet int he air...Gaurantee!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Summit. I sat in both this year at the ATA and i prefer the Summit for comfort.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Your Summit climbers are the ONLY tree climber made here in the USA. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING else is made off shore. Look and compair the quaility and workmanship of a Summit to anything else out there and you'll see for yourself what I'm talking about and Summit has a great customer service.
Wrong! Treewalker along with Lone Wolf are made in the USA! Something else you may not know, the Summit Bucksteps are made in China, so who knows what else is made there?

Summits are very comfy, but that is all I will give them.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Zarn,

I have owned both and now will only use a Equalizer as a climber. I have two Goliaths set up on trees that don't change diameter very much and that is all I am comfortable with using them for. I have been bowhunting for over 40 years now and started with bakers,ammackers, etc. This is the best climnber I have ever used.

DetLieut

Quick Reply: Debating Which stand Summit or Lone Wolf ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.