Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2 >

Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2

Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2

FixedInstead of hijacking the 2009 Admiral thread I thought I would start another. After reading that thread and realizing that I am NOT CRAZY that there is some creaking/clicking sound when you draw it back. I have noticed it the last few times I have hunted with it as I always take a few practices draws to stay loose on the stand. It even seemed worse when the temp was in the 20's.

This is my second Admiral as my first one had some other issues and one of them was the Rollar Guard bearing failure which created a metal grinding noise when you drew back. This noise is not the same and it seems to come from each cam. I can not decide if it is coming from the strings or the cams themself.

I pulled back my Bowtech Tribute just to see if it makes any noise and nothing....quite as a mouse.

I guess what I am looking for is others who are having this problem and their ideas. I love this bow and hate to give up on it, but I am concerned about hearing that noise while drwaing back on a 160 class buck on a still frosty morning and him turning inside out.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Admiral Drawback Noise

I have this problem on my 101, no clue on what it is but im trying to get a hold of Bowtech and see what they can do.

Wayne
Old 01-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got off the phone with a guy from bowtech and he said i needed a new roller guard. He said everything is under so much pressure that eventho it sound like it coming from the cam it's probably the roller guard. He said it happens sometimes on the bowtechs with roller guards. So hopefully that will fix it.

Wayne
Old 01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

check the allens in the cams and make sure they are tight.
Derek
Old 01-07-2009, 06:14 PM

I am about 95% sure that my noise is not coming from the roller guard as I had that problem on the first Amiral I had hadand this is a different noise that I hear at each end of the bow. I can pull it back slightly with my ear right next to the roller guard and no noise there. If I do the same thing with my ear close to the cam it sounds like it is coming from there.....I guess it could be though. I checked all the Allans and they are snug. It sounds almost like if the string had something "sticky" on it as it comes of the cam it makes a noise?????
Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck442

I am about 95% sure that my noise is not coming from the roller guard as I had that problem on the first Amiral I had hadand this is a different noise that I hear at each end of the bow. I can pull it back slightly with my ear right next to the roller guard and no noise there. If I do the same thing with my ear close to the cam it sounds like it is coming from there.....I guess it could be though. I checked all the Allans and they are snug. It sounds almost like if the string had something "sticky" on it as it comes of the cam it makes a noise?????
Thats what i told the guy on the phone, that the sound sounds like its coming from the bottom cam but he still said it was probably the cable guard. He told me to take the cables off the cable guard and draw it back and it didn't make the noise so hopefully a new cable guard will fix it. Good luck toyou, hope ya get it fixed

Wayne
Old 01-07-2009, 09:48 PM

Mohunter....How did you get the cables off the roller guard?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

There arent any allens by the cable guard on teh riser? IF so, cant you just move the cables out of the rollers.
Derek
Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

This really brings up the issue of Bowtech's quality control. Don't they shoot every bow they build? Woudn't something of this nature have been caught before leaving the factory?

I dunno, there sure seems to be a lot of issues with these bows lately. Every year there is always something new.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck442

Mohunter....How did you get the cables off the roller guard?
Justpull up and out and they should popright off

Wayne

Quick Reply: Admiral Drawback Noise:Fixed Update PG2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.