Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 mathews new line of bows >

mathews new line of bows

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

mathews new line of bows

Old 01-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: mathews new line of bows

draw cycle its too rough on reezen. I have the dxt and the draw is stout from beginning of cycle to end makes for a smooth draw. The reezen I shot had a ramp up at the end of the cycle it felt to me. Waiting to shoot the monster I like the looks of the monster.

chris

Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I got 285 or so out of a 6.5 at 29" cam, 400 grain arrow on 60 lbs. My vectrix is shooting dead on at 270 with the exact arrow at 64lb.s draw, 28" cam.

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

ORIGINAL: Switchback kid

Well i guess you were there with me when we shot it . The best thing you can do is dont tell people what they have seen and havent.
If you actually got 333 out of it thenyour chrono isoff. Take a look at this http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?p=1361226&sid=154575b11201897566 39dfe63c998e74
This guy is shooting 70 lbs, 28in draw with a 350 grain arrow and got 317fps. So there is no way your getting 333.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Spike

I just receive my Reezen 6.5 - 29’’@ 70. I love it !!! But not as smooth as the Drenalin.
Will try with different arrows & let you know.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

So basically yall are telling me in an indirect way that I should just stick with my Switchback XT that I love so much? It won't or will be worth it to "upgrade" to Reezen 7.0?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

My shop owner friend went over the other night, grabbed their demo reezen off the shelf turned down the weight gave me some kind of "shop" release from trufire that has no trigger mechanism/won't fire and asked me to draw it back. I'd checked it out/drawn before, so I wasn't sure why until he told me to look at the riser at full draw-

can you say "pretzel"?

The riser was angled off to the right significantly at full draw, both top and bottom near the limb pockets. Blatantly "bent" for lack of a better term. The bow has not been pressed incorrectly either- they have two (3?) of those ez power presses,and have been pressing bows including tecs, mathews and BTs for many years. I don't know if thats something Mathews is doing on purpose to counteract torque cause by the grip and rollerguard (it's possible I guess..so is me winning the lotto), but I kinda doubt it.

The only other Mathews Ive ever seen like that are Q2XLs and the original Conquests- those risers were very bendy- saw several right out of the box goofy and my Q2XL got bent by an inexperienced bow technician.

Regardless, I'd suggest everyone do the same thing (check the riser, especially at full draw) who is looking at the Reezen before dropping the cash-and make sure your dealer knows what he is doing and uses a proper modern press like the X press/ EZ press, etc.

Also the draw lengths on the Reezen are running 7/8 to 1 inch long instead of the typical 3/8 to 1/2" Mathews have always run. Normally I shoot a 28.5" cam on a Mathews, and I'd have to drop to a 28 on the Reezen.

EDIT- this is the 6.5" inch brace. Haven't seen a 7 yet.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Spike

One of my hunting buddies just got his Reezon in and came over to shoot with me. His draw is 31" and mine is 28.5" so to say the least I may not be a fair judge. One thing that did stand out was the skinny grip. I have fairly large hands and the grip was way to thin for me. My buddy also mentioned the thin grip. The draw cycle did seem a bit harsh but then again I was pulling a lot farther back than I usually do on my bow...My two cents
Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Got to shoot a Reezen 7 last week. At 60lbs, 28" cam, a 400 grain arrow was poking through the chrono in 275-277 range. I definitely liked it more than the 6.5.......as far as out of the box shooting goes. Neither bow has been tinkered with, and had nothing added but a peep, sight, and d-loop.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Mathews bows, but I drew the Reezen yesterday I didn't like it, very rough draw, felt good in the hand. I did draw the HyperLite and I liked it, but I love my Switchback XT and do like the DXT
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shot Mathews bows for 6 years, and obviously they make a quality product, though not for everyone.

I personally prefer some type of Dual cam! Mostreezen ownersI've talked to and there has been several, really seem to like the bow.

I shipped out 4 Reezen 6.5 suppressors and 6 Reezen 7.0 suppressors this morning all in the New Lost Camo. A couple of guys who received the suppressors 1st out of the Gate have reported back with very positive feedback.

Dan
Old 02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Mean V, by suppresors do you mean the brass weight that goes in the bottom harmonic damper? I have a Reezen 6.5 and was able to try one in there (don't have one yet) and it feels like a different bow on the shot. Without it there is definitely some vibration but I alsoput an STS on it and that helped. Its a good bow, but just not like my Bowtech.

Quick Reply: mathews new line of bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.