Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT... >

So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 AM

Default RE: So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

well i didnt know this was a bowtech forum? at first i had shot a few bows, pse brute, martin cheetah, diamond rock, then the justice, the justice was actually my first choice, as it was small, and light almost like the rock but with a bigger cam, but then i went down to the other shop and shot the matthews just felt better then any of the rest, it just sucks that the price tag is so hefty when compared to the others, i have seen a few on ebay go complete for around 600, and i think thats a decent price right? but i dunno what to do, ive shot a lot, including a parker too, but none were as silky smooth as the mathews, nor did they feel as good...
Old 12-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bowtech forum thing, well.... Alot of people on here shoot bt's and the majority like them, hence the influence on the bowtech. As far as the bow goes, 600 setup really is pretty good. I would check on AT if i were you. There are always good deals going on there.
Derek
Old 12-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cant wait to try it out myself!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:10 AM

i saw in your post you shot the martin cheetah. if your shooting top of the line bows for the other manufacturer's
why not shot the top of the line bows for martin as well? compare apples to apples!
the slayer or firecat ( I shoot both) and definately cheaper but will give you same performance light ,fast, accurate , customer serivice without the huge price tag. but if you like a certain bow and it feels good buy it and enjoy it

Old 12-22-2008, 04:28 PM

im just lookin for a bow thats short a2a, and a nice smooth drawback, and out of everything i had shot, the DXT was the smoothest and felt the best in my hand, i think im gonna have to go and shoot some more once i actually got the cash and see what im gonna do
Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

What shop has the Reezen for $685 and do they ship? I've got to know!!! Locally, they want $800 so for the Reezen abd $785 for a DXT.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

j231633b

Looking for a bow that will compete with DXT ,try The Rock by Diamond & Bowtech, it's $399 about 1/3 the cost of the DXT and willcompete right up there with it. It's also a bow that will stay right on top for some years to come .The price tag will cheer you up too.
Rocky

Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you like the way the bow fits you and you shoot it very well, don't let yourself be talked out of it and into another brand/model. Go with what you KNOW you like and you'll never be sorry-REGARDLESS of brand.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

If you like the way the bow fits you and you shoot it very well, don't let yourself be talked out of it and into another brand/model. Go with what you KNOW you like and you'll never be sorry-REGARDLESS of brand.
I agree.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

but i thoroughly enjoy it, a lot more then rifle hunting
during the spring and summer i shoot farely often just out of enjoyment.
I think you should read the top quote and then consider how much you enjoy this. If you enjoy it and you found a bow that just feels like a part of you and you shoot well with it, you'll probably regret saving a few bucks on any other bow. You'll wish you had just done it right the first time.

Over a period of just a year or two, when you consider the hundreds of hours of enjoyment that bow will bring, the "extra" few bucks is nothing.

As to the Bowtech stuff, don't listen to those guys. There are only 2 types of archers. Those who shoot Mathews and those who secretly wish they could.[8D]