Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT... >

So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM

Default So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

and wow was i deadly with that bow. First 3 shots i took at the store, right in the heart of the target. I don't know if i was just on that day or if the bow really made a difference, because it felt good in the hand, no handshock, comfortable as all hell, but i just dont know if i should shell out the money for the bow? I've only been bowhunting for a few years, but i thoroughly enjoy it, a lot more then rifle hunting, and during the spring and summer i shoot farely often just out of enjoyment. but i dont know what to do! are their any bows that are significantly cheaper and are just as nice? or is that what makes mathews top of the line?!? HELP! hahaha thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

have u shot bowtech. i have an 2009 admiral and i love it. the bad thing is they are almost the same price.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

j231633b,

You're a brave soul coming onto a Bowtech site and asking what makes Mathews top of the line.
I'm just kidding (I think[:-]).

Old 12-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

j231633b,

You're a brave soul coming onto a Bowtech site and asking what makes Mathews top of the line.
+1.

There are LOTS of bows out there that shoot great. After you shoot different brands and different bows from those brands you will find something that will stand out for you. As for the "Mathews top of the line" that is just marketing. They are no better or worse than many of the other bow makers out there.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said , I personaly do not shoot mathews too each is own .
no matter what bow you shoot its always the person behind the bow
as to how well the bow performs. there might be sublte differences in every bow
but it all comes down too shot placement and form.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

If you want Mathews but don't want to spend that much money look at their Mission line of bows. They don't have the dampeners or roller guardbut they sell for less then the Mathews themselves. Also check out Bowtech/Diamond or Bear bows.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Mathews are priced very well compared to hoyt, bt, pse... The reezen is only like 685 at a local shop where any new bt or hoyt is pretty much 800+
Old 12-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

I think the Mathews are priced very well compared to hoyt, bt, pse... The reezen is only like 685 at a local shop where any new bt or hoyt is pretty much 800+

Was about the mention the same thing. Plus at the local shop they include a "Gold" membership for 1 year of free shooting at their indoor 3D range with a Mathews/Mission purchase. So I'm saving nearly $200 over a Hoyt/BT from that shop (a relatively new Mathews dealer).

The DXT is the ultimate tree stand hunting bow. Very small, very light (even fully loaded), and as fast as a person will ever need.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree the DXT is super friendly in the woods. the shooting deal is nice too! PSE's new bowmadness will be another very friendly treestand bow. I think its around 31" ATA or so. I shot one quite a bit last weekend and it seemed really nice.
Derek
Old 12-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

I bought my DXT at the beginning of this years bow season, and I couldn't be happier. That little bow is perfect for tree stand orblind, shoots like a dream and I can shoot the hell out of it. Worth every penny to me. No hand shock, forgiving, and the high quality people have come to expect from mathews. By the way, by posting this on this forum I have just effectively fed myself to the bowtech sharks. [8D]

Quick Reply: So I Finally got to shoot a Mathews DXT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.