HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   2009 bowtech admiral (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/278333-2009-bowtech-admiral.html)

Buck442 01-07-2009 04:00 PM

RE: 2009 bowtech admiral

I am on my second Admiral now and I love the bow but have had some odd issues also. My second (first one replaced free by Bowtech)Admiral also has the clicking/creaking hard to describe sound. In fact just before I read this post I was pulling it back trying to find where it is coming from. It sounds like it is coming from the cams or strings on the cams. My first one had the issue with the roller guard and that was a metal to metal grinding noise. This noise is different. It seems to stop after about 4--5 pull backs but does it on the frst few pulls every time......I think I will wait a week or so to take back to the shop since I have only this replacement Admiral a few weeks...

I hate to give up on this bow as it is all I dreamed off minus the formentioned oddities....

4evrhtn 01-10-2009 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Very nice shooting bow. It has pretty much the same shot feel and noise level of the General but lighter in weight and with better overall speed. They took the two chief issues folks had with the General and improved upon them with the Admiral. I haven't shot the Ice Man yet but hope to shortly.
I bought an Admiral and have not had any noise issues or any other's for that matter. Absolutely love the bow. I shot th Iceman last week and even though it is very similar to the Admiral the cams make all the difference. The Iceman is a nice bow but isn't as smooth to draw back. But then again It is made by Bowtech and they aren't going to outdo their newest top model with one of the Diamond models.

piketon_hunter#9 01-11-2009 10:36 AM

i'm an admiral fan all the way, and i like duallies better, but shouldnt a single cam bow be technically smoother? i shot the iceman as well, nice bow, but the admiral was not to be outdone by the iceman

4evrhtn 01-12-2009 07:38 AM

I used to think they would be smoother but the Parker Blackhawk is the same way. The Iceman and Blackhawk are more forgiving when going from full draw to rest, there isn't that drastic decrease in let off that the Admiral has, but that is where it gets it's speed. The single cams (to me) feel a little "jerky" when drawing them back.

piketon_hunter#9 01-12-2009 11:45 AM

i see, some bows just dont feel that good no matter what kinda cams they have...

4evrhtn 01-12-2009 06:15 PM

I guess I am just used to shooting dual cams forawhile and feel more comfortable with them. Curious, how far is Jackson, Ohiofrom you. I belong to a club there and get to Ohio as often as I can. Almost everyone in the club from Ohio uses Xbows, thereare only 3 members including myself who use the compound. Do most your friends or hunting partners use long bows or Xbows? I just can't bring myself to switch over to Xbow, have absolutely no desire to hunt with one.

LeftyBuckmaster 01-22-2009 06:00 PM

Well I'm going to school at OSU but am from henry county Ohio and it is fairly even between xbows and compunds back home

kdsberman 01-22-2009 08:25 PM

Shot one and did NOT like it. Didnt like the feel from the beginning and after I shot it I confirmed my opinion on this bow. Didnt like it.

MeanV2 01-22-2009 08:38 PM

I got my Captain in today and while I have not shot it much I am very impressed! Smooth, Quiet, and Zero shock.

I wanted a little more A to A than the Admiral offeredhence I went with the Captain instead.

I have shot the Admiral along with some of the other top flagship models around and I'm betting the Admiral wins bow of the year award in a few circles;)

The CP bows are very impressive to shoot. I have worked a few shooting booths and its very seldom when someone shoots one for the 1st time their jaw doesn't hit the floor.

You'll see other companies move towards this design in the future. O!! Whoops I think it already started this year!;)

Dan