Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2009 bowtech admiral

Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2009 bowtech admiral

Very nice shooting bow. It has pretty much the same shot feel and noise level of the General but lighter in weight and with better overall speed. They took the two chief issues folks had with the General and improved upon them with the Admiral. I haven't shot the Ice Man yet but hope to shortly.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
N2D

I just got back from the archery shop where I shot the Admiral. Light for a Bowtech, quiet, little hand shock, nice valley, and smooth. In short, my "Want Bumps" are itching.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

im getting one as soon as i find the means to do so lol... i shot it and loved it, the absence of recoil/hand shock is insane
Old 12-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

I GOT MY ADMIRAL FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! so excited, cant wait to get it set up
Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it is the best shooting short ATA bow on the market. And I have never been a short bow guy. But this one changed my mind in a hurry.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

jm, I have never been a short bow guy either, but I am convinced I will own either the Admiral or the Iceman as I am not wanting to swing the 101 around in the turkey blind this spring.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

jm, I have never been a short bow guy either, but I am convinced I will own either the Admiral or the Iceman as I am not wanting to swing the 101 around in the turkey blind this spring.
Ben, I'm hoping to take aim at Turkeys with an Iceman myself

Dan
Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 PM

well now that ive had my admiral a few weeks,its agreat shooter, however I am not happy with the quality of the one I got. It makes a ticking noise on the draw, and after stripping bow of rest, sights, etc it continued to make the noise. Have had to reserve string and one cable, then the "Good cable" broke among a couple of other little things...verry frustrating!! I am by no means passing judgment on all admirals but the one I got has been the best shooting piece of junk I have ever owned. It goes back to Bowtech next week. I have heard their service is excelent and am expecting them to make it right before this puts a bad taste in my mouth......thank God I have 2 other bows to finish out the season.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks man. i love the bows, but have too many odd experiences with them to have one now. Our indoor animal league started tonight, and one of the guys there had an admiral that was creaking every time he drew it back. It had already had the roller changed out but now it was doing something different. At least bt will honor their warranty and cover pretty much anything. I hope it all gets lined out well for you.
derek
Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brotherbdc

well now that ive had my admiral a few weeks,its agreat shooter, however I am not happy with the quality of the one I got. It makes a ticking noise on the draw, and after stripping bow of rest, sights, etc it continued to make the noise. Have had to reserve string and one cable, then the "Good cable" broke among a couple of other little things...verry frustrating!! I am by no means passing judgment on all admirals but the one I got has been the best shooting piece of junk I have ever owned. It goes back to Bowtech next week. I have heard their service is excelent and am expecting them to make it right before this puts a bad taste in my mouth......thank God I have 2 other bows to finish out the season.
My 101st does that ticking noise you are talking about, i still have no idea what it is.

Wayne

Quick Reply: 2009 bowtech admiral

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.