Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

07 or 08 Guardian

Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
bigcountry

Default 07 or 08 Guardian

Well, I have an 07 commander. And love it. And got a 04 liberty. Killed piles of deer with it. But after hunting with the commander, now I feel my Liberty is too loud. I shot a doe this year, and came out of the woods, swearing to my buddy that something was wrong with my bow, and its has way too much string buzz and noise. Its just I got used to the commander and my longbows.

So figured I would get the best of both worlds. Compactness of my liberty with no vibration or noise of my commander. I have shot and setup a few 07 guardians. First thing I do with the 07's and below is change out my cable guard. So I was wondering if its a huge advantage for the 08's have the rollers.

Anybody shoot both models? Thinking of buying leftover 07's on ebay. I want the warranty.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 07 or 08 Guardian

BC, My 1st question is do you have a String Suppressor on that Liberty?

The Guardian is a Great Bow and I would be comfortable with either an 07 or an 08. None of the Guardians had rollers I don't believe.

Dan
Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

The Guardian is a Great Bow and I would be comfortable with either an 07 or an 08. None of the Guardians had rollers I don't believe.

Dan
Oh, I guess I assumed because the general did, they added it in 08. My bad.

Yea, I had a suppressor. Do you remember me emailing you about it?

Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny. I almost had this same conversation on the phone tonight with a buddy of mine from church who's contemplating selling his brand X bow to move up to Center Pivot technology. He wanted his ABSOLUTE best bang for the buck, and we discussed picking up an '08 Guardian at length.

The '07s and the '08s were identical in every way (I had a few of both) except the '07s had silver cams as opposed to the '08's black cams. Also, after a couple months into '08, they started putting the Invelvet finish on it. Just my opinion, but I think the black cams (no glare when tilted wrong in the sunlight) and the Invelvet makes the '08 worth it, even though those are the only differences. I like the Invelvet THAT much.

And I have to chuckle again in the fact that I told him to ABSOLUTELY order a MeanV suppressor for it; it was the ONLY advantage the General had over itin my mind (I was just never a big fan of that bow, sorry) and when you add that, it comes out on top easily.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh. And I just got through putting my first few shots through my Captain I got in today... Do yourself a favor and don't shoot it.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Oh, I guess I assumed because the general did, they added it in 08. My bad.

Yea, I had a suppressor. Do you remember me emailing you about it?
Sorry BC I don't remember, but I have had an email or 2 regarding string suppressors

I agree with Greg I think the Invelvet and Black cams are worth a little extra.

Dan
Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Oh. And I just got through putting my first few shots through my Captain I got in today... Do yourself a favor and don't shoot it.

Call me vain, but I like the feel and look of the 08 guardians over the newer lighter 09s.

Thanks for the advise. I was going to try to get out of compounds this year,but I found I like both. And I will still hunt trad most of the time, but rut, I really like a compound in my hands.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Captain weighs about what a Guardian did... didn't throw it on a scale before I started slapping accessories on it, but it feels about the same. Except deader, which I didn't believe was possible.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
bigcountry

I also think its dad gone convienent that I don't press my commander. That was the number one selling point for me.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 AM
bigcountry

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on that 08 guardian. Now have to sell some other bows.

Quick Reply: 07 or 08 Guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.