HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   searching for new bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/277824-searching-new-bow.html)

frodo_hunter 12-10-2008 02:07 PM

searching for new bow

can anybody shed some light on my situation-i'm looking for a new bow as i have been shooting for a while now and am looking to upgrade from my old hoyt dynatech and have seen the pse bow madness and like the look but am just wondering if anybody could suggest any other bows-i prefer short axle bows have a 27 inch draw length and am favouring the single cam technology hence the pse-any input would be sweet-cheers

yajsab 12-10-2008 03:44 PM

RE: searching for new bow

Mathews, Diamond, Ross, etc. Lots of short bows this year. Go shoot them all.

provb28 12-12-2008 08:34 AM

what he said

crenshaw 12-12-2008 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: yajsab

Mathews, Diamond, Ross, etc. Lots of short bows this year. Go shoot them all.

these are all great picks.

The new Mathews Ultralight is really small and light with a single cam. But they all make similar bows to what your looking for.

Jgrund07/OH 12-23-2008 08:05 PM

I shoot the Bear Truth 2 and could not be more pleased. Best bow out there for the money IMO.

youngfart 12-23-2008 08:32 PM

Frodo Hunter

Try The Rock bye Diamond Archery & Bowtech, 31 inch axle to axle ,great bow and single axle too. you'll love the price tag:D Rocky

drockw 12-23-2008 09:35 PM

You WILL NOT be disappointed in the bow madness. If you want a smooth, short bow, i wouldnt hesitate on the BM. Ive shot the DXT and all of the short bows, and for the price, you will not beat the BM. We have one at the shop and its a helluva shooter. I really thought it looked gimicky and then i shot it and was very impressed. My only recommendation is that you get a relativity heavy stabilizer with a good weight forward design. We tried a few different setups on it and found it reacted best to my 14" DCA stabilizer with bowjax on the end. It really helps to even the bow out upon the shot. Other than that its great right out of the package.
Derek

Bowflex 12-24-2008 07:51 AM

Check out the Hoyt Kobalt.

ILLUSION HUNTER 12-27-2008 06:10 PM

If your thinking of the PSE it wouldn't hurt to try the Browning Illusion. PSE makes the Browning bows and the Illusion is very fast, there is no hand shock, very quiet, and has a great back wall. I also shoot a 27" draw and this bow fits me perfect.And it sells for $649 retail. Do a search for Cabelas Browning Illusion review.

mmm635 09-04-2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by ILLUSION HUNTER (Post 3187890)
If your thinking of the PSE it wouldn't hurt to try the Browning Illusion. PSE makes the Browning bows and the Illusion is very fast, there is no hand shock, very quiet, and has a great back wall. I also shoot a 27" draw and this bow fits me perfect.And it sells for $649 retail. Do a search for Cabelas Browning Illusion review.

+1

I shoot with an '07 Illusion and it is a top notch bow. I shot the switchback because money was not an issue at the time, and I stuck with the Illusion. It has an awesome grip relative to most other bows, even more expensive ones.