Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

searching for new bow

Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 PM

Default searching for new bow

can anybody shed some light on my situation-i'm looking for a new bow as i have been shooting for a while now and am looking to upgrade from my old hoyt dynatech and have seen the pse bow madness and like the look but am just wondering if anybody could suggest any other bows-i prefer short axle bows have a 27 inch draw length and am favouring the single cam technology hence the pse-any input would be sweet-cheers
Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: searching for new bow

Mathews, Diamond, Ross, etc. Lots of short bows this year. Go shoot them all.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:34 AM

what he said
Old 12-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: yajsab

Mathews, Diamond, Ross, etc. Lots of short bows this year. Go shoot them all.
these are all great picks.

The new Mathews Ultralight is really small and light with a single cam. But they all make similar bows to what your looking for.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Spike

I shoot the Bear Truth 2 and could not be more pleased. Best bow out there for the money IMO.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Frodo Hunter

Try The Rock bye Diamond Archery & Bowtech, 31 inch axle to axle ,great bow and single axle too. you'll love the price tag Rocky
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You WILL NOT be disappointed in the bow madness. If you want a smooth, short bow, i wouldnt hesitate on the BM. Ive shot the DXT and all of the short bows, and for the price, you will not beat the BM. We have one at the shop and its a helluva shooter. I really thought it looked gimicky and then i shot it and was very impressed. My only recommendation is that you get a relativity heavy stabilizer with a good weight forward design. We tried a few different setups on it and found it reacted best to my 14" DCA stabilizer with bowjax on the end. It really helps to even the bow out upon the shot. Other than that its great right out of the package.
Derek
Old 12-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Check out the Hoyt Kobalt.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Spike

If your thinking of the PSE it wouldn't hurt to try the Browning Illusion. PSE makes the Browning bows and the Illusion is very fast, there is no hand shock, very quiet, and has a great back wall. I also shoot a 27" draw and this bow fits me perfect.And it sells for $649 retail. Do a search for Cabelas Browning Illusion review.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ILLUSION HUNTER
If your thinking of the PSE it wouldn't hurt to try the Browning Illusion. PSE makes the Browning bows and the Illusion is very fast, there is no hand shock, very quiet, and has a great back wall. I also shoot a 27" draw and this bow fits me perfect.And it sells for $649 retail. Do a search for Cabelas Browning Illusion review.
+1

I shoot with an '07 Illusion and it is a top notch bow. I shot the switchback because money was not an issue at the time, and I stuck with the Illusion. It has an awesome grip relative to most other bows, even more expensive ones.

Quick Reply: searching for new bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.