Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadheads

Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Broadheads

I know there are tons of threads on here on the subject but whats the harm in one more...right.. Anyway I have been using 3 blade Muzzys for years and have finally decided to maybe go with a little change. I am needing surgery on my wrist and depending on when it happens I may need to hang the compound up and go with a crossbow for the year so I am kind of looking at a head that can be used in both. The heads I am looking at are the Slick trick (probably the magnums for the larger cut), the 2 blade bloodrunners (the concept of a cut no matter what mechanical seems too good to be but lets hope not), and the Carbon Express XT-4 and the F-15 (it just seems that the F15 is more of a gimmic). The 2 blade rage was on the list but the people I have talked to here in town have all said they had to tie the blades down with dental floss to keep them from opening in flight and I really don't want to deal with a screwed up shot do to equipment. I would rather screw it up myself. Do any of yall have any experiance with any of the heads mentioned. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kelly
Old 08-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick tricks are excellent heads and would work well with both compound and crossbow.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

I think I will go in with a few friends and buy a pack of each and split them up. I have been definatly leaning toward the Slick Tricks but do they really fly any better than a muzzy.

I have also been giving thought to cut diameter. If you have a 2 blade that cuts 2" and a 4 blade that cuts 1" isn't both of them actually giving you 2" of cut area. So what is really the difference.

If yall can help me out with this I'd appreciate it. So far I havn't really found an answer.

Thanks

Kelly
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have been definatly leaning toward the Slick Tricks but do they really fly any better than a muzzy.
In my experience..... definetly!

If you have a 2 blade that cuts 2" and a 4 blade that cuts 1" isn't both of them actually giving you 2" of cut area. So what is really the difference.
Yes. A 1" four blade cuts exactly the same ammount as a 2" two blade. The down side to the 2" two blade is that that super wide cut gretly hinders penetration should you hit the shoulder.

I also agree with 5 shot. The ST is one of the top broadheads on the market today. Great out of compounds and crossbows.

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-27-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

slick tricks are great heads. strong and fly true
Old 09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Spike

I beleave if ur gonna buy something buy the best rage are the best by far field point accuracy and huge holes and tracking well there is no tracking I used the blood runner opening morning of Ohio bow season in let me just say don't waist your money switched to rage that afternoon and I'm a rage fanatic now