Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 How can I get Climbing stick straps around large trees? >

How can I get Climbing stick straps around large trees?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

How can I get Climbing stick straps around large trees?

Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How can I get Climbing stick straps around large trees?

Just go out and get some 6 foot tie downs or wratchet straps. this is what I use.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Spike

I know this is an old thread so forgive me for digging up graves but I ran across this googling for something else and thought I might share one answer with you.

If you have a partner to help you, park a vehicle or put a ladder up on the opposite side of the tree. Put a rubber band over a rag on the end of a long pole saw. When you're at the height you need a strap, tuck the end of the strap under the rubber band so your partner can wrap it around the tree and present it to your opposite hand.

If there are limbs obstructing this method, you'll have to cut a large hula hoop. Tape the hula hoop at the bottom of the saw blade. Use string from the top of the sawblade to the each side of the hula hoop to tension the half hoop at the 90' position with about an 18" span. Use tape to hold the string where you want it. Then rubber band the two ends of the strap to each end of your hoop. From there your partner should be able to provide you both ends of the strap despite limbs between the two of you.

If there's only you, cut a hula hoop. Drill a hole in the end of the pvc and add a throng so you can hook to your side as you climb. Tape two clothes line pins to each end of the hula hoop. Clamp each end of the strap to the hoop using the clothes pins. Not as safe as having someone help you but it will work.

Last edited by Magnolia Outdoors; 10-19-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

I use old TV antenas for my ladders.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

sounds stupid but what about using some bailing wire? hook the bailing wire on the strap and bend it so it matches the curve ruffly of the tree and should just be right there for you when you reach around to grab it???