Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which arrows are the best? >

Which arrows are the best?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which arrows are the best?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Spike

Default Which arrows are the best?

I just recently purchased a new Matthew's DXT and now need to get some new arrows. It is between the Easton A/C/C Shafts and the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter. I really like the Maxima Hunters but from some of the reviews i have read the Easton's are a really good arrow to. I was just wondering which one most of you would go with. What are some of the likes and dislikes of these arrow.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 AM

Default RE: Which arrows are the best?

I shoot the Eastons and I like them a lot. I have never had a problem with them. They fly as straigh as my bow will shoot them. I can't tell you about the Maxima hunters though.....But I have not heard a complaint about the A/C/C's yet.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's all in the eye of the beholder.. I have shot Gold Tips, Easton and now Carbon Express. I have killed animals with all of them. I have had no bad experiences with any of them. What ever my local bow shop carries is generally what i go with. I don't personally believe there is a right answer..
Old 11-19-2008, 01:48 PM

I'm kinda partial the Easton ST Axis Carbon N-Fused. They have given me the best results of any arrows I've shot. I like the Maxima Hunters, too, but I prefer the small diameter shafts of the STs, and I can get an arrow for $9 apiece rather than the $13 for the Maximas.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

I have not shot the a/c/c, but I really like the full metal jacket. I also shot the maxima hunter. I really like both. They are consistent. Can't go wrong with either one. It's down to price and preference on shaft diameter.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:10 PM

The cx ma h are a very accurate arrow but if you hit anything hard the arrows toast...no comment on the ACC...i shoot the easton light speed.........
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Spike

I actually have both, CA max, and easton axis. I totally prefer the ca max. The axis is a little to thin for me and for some reason the quick spin blazer vanes just dont perform as well as the max with my set up. Just my opinion.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the maxima hunter arrows and they fly like darts. I have already shoot easton quite a bit and I far more impressed with theses arrows. Not saying that the eastons are bad because they are excellent arrows too, but for hunting I think you will have trouble beating the max hunter.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

easton, beiman, Gold Tip
Old 11-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Acc's or fmj are better than carbons but the down sidesare: A. they cost more and B.they are not as resistant to failure as carbons.

If you've got the cash it's a no brainer but if you're on a budget orare rough with your arrows, think about purecarbons.

Quick Reply: Which arrows are the best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.